Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good morning. I'm calling an API to get the execution path of my application (see code below). Unfortunately, the result is not desired. Ideas?   Ecosystem: Window10 64b + PB2019r2 + run in IDE     // code Messaegbox('', go_prg.get_execu...
Just trying to confirm something.  Within a datawindow what is the default behavior for a dddw when you hit the enter key?   Currently, up and down keys scroll between rows, but if I hit the enter key nothing happens.   Is it suppose to select the ...
I am using Autocompiler exe pbc17.0 exe to build the exe and pbd. The parameter which I see in pbc17.0 does not tell how to set the version number for PBD which is creating. I see only two options /v and /fvn which works only for executable but not f...
Good morning I have a very simple ribbon menu (see attached xml) How can I read the "tag" property of the elements included in the Master section?(for example the tags of the item 'Customers') Thanks for the reply     Gimmy      ...
Do bug fixes detected in PB2019 or PB2019R2 regarding features that existed before those versions get included in maintainance releases of PB2017R3 (LTS)? Or do PB2017R3 maintainance releases include fixes only reported in that version?...
Hi This is post stems from my other one and with a tech support twist.   I am using a 2019 R2 PowerServer trial. How do I get in touch with Appeon's Tech support? Do I need to have a legit license to do so?   Here is what I have and have done ...
We have a customer that hosts site data on different databases. When they login to the app, I would like the first prompt to be site selection, which will then determine that database the app will run on. Is this possible? As when compiling I only ...
Anyone know when MySQL version 8 will be supported for PB and PowerServer... TIA Sylvain...
Hello, We have PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Build 1915. We use Tortoise SVN and have source code on SVN server on trunk. We try to use PB to bring source code in SVN server to local machine for development. When we open PB and clicked File-->Connect to ...
We have upgraded from version 2017 R3 build 1858 to 2019 build 2082, Cloud Edition 32 bit A. After deployment, some clients complain about application performance gradually degrading over time, to the point that even dialog windows refreshes painfu...
When people referring to PowerBuilder 2018, what version of the PowerBuilder do they mean? I can see only downloads for PowerBuilder 2017 and for PowerBuilder 2019. Thanks...
dear sir, we are using sql server 2008, i have created one dashboad for mobile app and using in mobile. basically once user create one request in desktop application, immediately my mobile app dashboard has to display one request is pending for app...
  Is there a blurb somewhere detailing what is to be fixed/changed in the upcoming patches regarding the Native PDF funtionality? As it stands right now this functionality simply isn't usable.  In many, many circumstances the rendering simp...
Well this is embarrassing! I have been using PB since V3 in 1995. I just fired up 2019 and I did something that has messed up the UI.  The output window opens up almost fullecreen and I can't move it or resize it. I just want it down at the bottom wh...
Hey, Here's some background. I am trying to add a 'restore layout' feature so that when the user logs in their active sheets from the previous session restore to their position. I've got it working pretty nicely but I've ran up against a snag. 1. T...
Using PowerBuilder 2019 R2 Build 2328 Oracle 12g and 18, with PowerServer 2019 Build 2170 I can deploy two out my three applications and run within Goggle Chrome. My one application is throwing this error, the pop up window says: Error During Initi...
Hi guys, I have an app that uses the GetFileOpenName method. This app used to be a .net target, because it calls a .net dll. I did 2 things to this app: I used the new PB 2019 R2 .net nvo calling (so it's now a classic PB target) and moved it from ...
Hello, I have a question about powerscript usage. I would like to define several structures in the same place (eg. same file) and use them outside of the defining file, so I am doing something like the following in the source code n_cst_api_supplies...
Hi Guys Is there anyway to exportJson and include all the DW definition syntax like getfullstate can? What I'm trying to do is pass DW data and structure through to an application that does not know anything about the DW definition and does not have...
Hi, This has to do with datawindows. I'm currently using PB17R3 but I don't believe the problem is limited to this release. I'm attempting to dynamically control the background color of columns based on relative values within the datawindow. Someti...

There are no discussions available here currently