Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello,  We have a client app we built with PB2019R3 build 2703 and used SnapDevelop to build an API so that we can have a cloud app where the PB client runs on the users' local machine but the database and all data-access will be on Azure in the clo...
Hi, Appeon Team When I launched the titled Appeon Workspace on my tablet device (Android 6.0.1), I got a white screen. My tablet device is a 64-bit Android, but in general, 32-bit applications are supposed to work as well. Also, the 64-bit version...
Hi.   I've created a datawindow and using RestClient.retrieve(dw,URL) to fetch data from our API. Works great. However, there is a small issue regarding datetime and strings. This is the string in the JSON responsebody containing the datetime: "m...
We have a 24/7 PB2019R2 app that pulls records off a queue table, saves some data in a PowerSoft Report format (<filename>.PSR), then calls this code to email the PSR file as an attachment. Problem is at one client, the call to log off the mail...
Are there any samples or guidance for securing a ASP.NET Core 3.1 Web API as templated by SnapDevelop?   For example, I am working from the following fine sample: ASP.NET Core 3.1 - Simple API for Authentication, Registration and User Management | ...
Hi,   It seems that datawindow coumns autosize does not work. (Pb 2019 r3) I have tried many combinations including the one in the link below. Autosize Width of Grid DataWindow Columns | Appeon Website   Does this feature work at all ?   Than...
Hi.   Is there a way for pretty print XML? We receive on long string of XML data, but want to pretty print this in a MLE og RTF edit for better viewing. An online REST solution could work, but I cannot seem to find any.   br,   Bjarne Anker ...
I'm having a problem when using Git push to a TFS repository.  After I added the source control, I go and select Git Push which bring up the Git login window.  I copy in the TFS repository URL and then test the connection and I get this error: The G...
Hello Appeon Technical team, Does PowerBuilder use log4j2 java based package in PowerScript? Our company is trying to to fix the vulnerability due to this package. Please find the related article. https://www.lunasec.io/docs/blog/log4j-zero-day/ Th...
  how to converting string (Hexadecimal) to base64 ?  Base64Encode () is coverting only TEXT ,Not as Hexadecimal values  Hexadecimal = "010c426f6273205265636f726473020f3331303132323339333530303030330314323032322d30342d32355431353a33303a30305a04073...
Hi good afternoon, My doubt is about on how can i do to run my PowerClient App. i think i have everything; all the external files are included in my app, i have all my libraries for the deploy, on the 'Deployment' section i have as a remote server ...
I would like to convert Hex value to Base64 String, I found one function in PB 2021 to convert but unfortunatlly it is input the Hex value as string so it converting from String to Base64 Not from Hex to Base64. Any help to do that.   Thank you...
Hi all, My old development machine crashed a couple days ago and can't be repaired :(  Repair tech said it's the power supply and the motherboard (all-in-one machine).  I'm trying to get a backup of all the files from the hard drive.  I still suppor...
I am having issues running a lightweight PB application called CRH that has been deployed to a remote Amazon AWS server.  The app was built with PB 2021 build 1288 and uses SQL Server for the database.  The deployment goes fine and I can download and...
We have our custom font (ttf) that we want to use in PB application. We don't want to register it globally, the idea is to use it privately just for our application and no other application should see it in the list of available fonts.  In .Ne...
Hi All Having had some help from a few of you last week on storing rich text, I am now further along with my RichText requirement. I have managed to add the rich text to the database, I now want to print a listing  The database table essentially h...
Hi, Hopefully someone can help.   I want to store notes - rich text notes in my database table - i am using sql anywhere 16 and pb2019 Basically I want to add some notes in a customer record - save them - retrieve them and edit again  What dataty...
Hi,    I am getting below error message while inserting record to the table.  I need an assistance urgently to resolve this.   Thanks, Falguni...
Hi, We have inherited a legacy PowerBuilder application and in the system documentation, in a section entitled "Object Encapsulation", I have found the following when discussing object level functions and instance variables: "Private access right i...
Hi, I'm beeing writing a small WEB-API which has to process POSTed metadata and files as json-data and insert it into a SQL Server database. I know, the client could send the data and files together in one POST using the content-type form-data.  B...

There are no discussions available here currently