Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm tasked with maintaining/updating a legacy app that was written in an early version of Powerbuilder. We've upgraded to 2021 and are trying to make some menu modifications with 'Print' and 'Print Preview'. Currently when hitting 'Print' it fails w...
Hi, I've created a ticket, asking Appeon for clear documentation on valid PB.INI entries: https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=7750 That might take a while though. So what I've done, is create a little Google-Site (you may laugh, m...
Hi, Currently we have 10 licenses for PowerBuilder 2017 R3 Standard Edition. We are going to renew the licenses in 2 weeks time. Can we use the same license to download and use PowerBuilder 2019 R3. So at any given time, can we run 10 instances o...
Hi guys,   we have just updated one of our customers with a new version of our software. we didn't change the PB version , using PB2019 R2. in our software we are using a barcode font, which is properly installed and worked in our previous version...
Hi, I'm currently using PB 2019, build 2170, and the runtime application is running locally on the client computers: All the neccessary files are simply copied to a folder on the local drive. Though somewhat 'old-school', this has been working for y...
Hi All, Currently we are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to develop and maintain our Product. We are using SQL Native Client (SQLNCLI11) to connect to MS SQL Server. Whenever we think of PB upgrade, we always pick the PB version which is provided with L...
Something weird has just happened on this forum.  I got a notification that I replied to a post while that's not true at all. it's not the first time I've seen this happening. I think it somehow happens when someone marks one of your answers as "...
Hi, Trying to connect to a SQL database with an AD account and not using a trusted connection. Is this possible with PB 2021 or do we need to continue using SQL users?   IOW 'adUser' is a domain account that has permissions to dbServer, but we are ...
Hello, Any issue in opening the appeon website (appeon.com)?  From yesterday it's not opening.  I tried in 3 - 4 computers, couldn't open in any computer(s).  I get the following error   However I could open https://www.appeon.com/developers/get-h...
Trying to use the new [appname].xml file to specify the location of the runtime files but I am wondering what files should I place in there.  I know the PB Runtimes but what about PBX files, Oracle Files, INI Files, etc.?  I am assuming that this fe...
PB Appeon Team, Our company is holding PB2017 R3 Standard edition license for all PB developers. Now we are looking for more licenses for new developers. What we came to know from Appeon portal that standard versions are no longer for new license an...
We use Powerserver 2019 Build 2151.00 here. As of Friday 2/4/22 the mulitbrowser plugin has stopped working for our clients and internally as well since we use Chrome.They get the message:"Appeon Web application has quit successfully. Please refresh...
Hi all, I am trying to convert Excel macro commands into Powerbuilder script. The following macro script validates a column against a named list... Sub SetColumnList()' SetColumnList Macro' Assigns a Named List to a column Range("G3:G65536,G1").Se...
Hi PowerSphere, I was wondering if someone noticed if PBTools was made open source ... again. (it was on codeplex - http://myelkovan.codeplex.com/)  PBTools are a bunch of pretty cool tools - made by Murat Yelkovan...  I have tried to reach ...
PB2019R3 BUILD 2728 Getting a couple of sql server errors using 64 bit PB and ODBC.  32bit PB no problems.  I didn't get this with PB 2017R3 64 bit.     The first one is caused by running a datawindow with a string argument: Select Error: SQLSTAT...
This is in PB2019 Build 2082, using the Firebird SQL Database. We have one user’s database from our application that is behaving extremely strangely for certain SQL retrieved through a datastore created at runtime (actually, our inherited datastore ...
Hi, One of our customers is having problems when executing a PB 2021 runtime. They are getting a "Load library failed" error: The application was compiled in PB 2021 as 32-bit Pcode. The executable and associated PBDs, as well as the DLLs (inclu...
when i call ws give faultstring  System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Could not load file or assembly 'Sybase.PowerBuilder.Interop.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundExcept...
Hi I Try the install two application CSS in same PC and the second installation not work, not install the application in the PC can Powerclient install more than one app CS in the same PC ..????   Luis  ...
Hi Community, As part of a upgrade to Powerbuilder 2021, our security team has asked for a "Penetration Test Report" for Powerbuilder. They were a bit vague about the specifics, but said Appeon will know what they mean.  They also said something a...

There are no discussions available here currently