Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We converted an application from version 8 to Powerbuilder 2021 and the following code is not functioning properly.. The code actually works fine when I run it locally using the PowerBuilder 20221 IDE, but when I build the .exe it is giving us a -3 ...
I have an application that was upgraded successfully to PB 2019. Our application ran well with the PB 2019 run time files on users' computers.  We upgraded to PB 2021 build 1311 successfully. I deployed 12 applications successfully and tested the exe...
I am super new to powerbuilder and I'm seeing "Run an RHMB on it" in some of the solutions to an error like the one below:   Referenced object object is out of date, must be converted....
Hi We have deployed a Cloud App and running PowerServer 2021. We don't seem to be able to save a DW that contains nested DWs to PDF using the SaveAs function. It doesn't error and there is no file created. We used to be able to do this in Appeon Se...
Not too long ago Appeon has updated the documentation / help to now state correctly that the Handle() function returns a Longptr value. I see a lot of use of the function in the PFCs. We use Ulong for window handles (while the type of a handles and ...
Using PB 2019 R2 and trying to edit function object results in entire IDE crashing.  Can "edit source" (not in painter) of any function object and source looks perfectly normal, but cannot open function in painter. Believe all other painters work,...
Hi. We've recently migrated large app from PB 12.5 to PB 2021. It consist of more then a hundred of pbls, placed in 7 folders. From PB IDE, Build and Deploy works fine - makes needed pbds beside pbls and exe file. Now we need to atomate build process...
Hi, We have a legacy engineering application written in PowerBuilder (and Oracle) that handles data in metric (SI) units. There is a customer in the US that is interested in the application, but would like to use US units. Does anyone know of a si...
I'm using PB 2021 build 2703 on Windows 10 to communicate with a serial device through the COM4: port, using CreateFile and WriteFile API calls.  Everything works great, but the device I'm communicating with requires a character value 0 in a lot of i...
We have Infomaker 2021.  A report that was previously displaying in Landscape orientation is now only showing in Portrait.  We have verified the Print Specifications, and it is set to Landscape.  We tried creating a brand new report in Landscape as a...
Hi, I've a desktop application built using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 version. This application calls SOAP WebService developed in Java to authenticate users. Now, there is a requirement to implement the SSL/Certificate Validation or Pinning in this...
Hi All,   I am using PowerBuilder 2019R2 build 2353 and Oracle 19C.  Recently we upgrade our database from Oracle 12 to 19.   I have procedure which OUT parameter is date table type. before database migration its return proper value in PB's dateti...
Hi everybody,   We use some functions from Kernel32.dll to get a DLL version number. This have been always working until PB 12.5.2. But PB2017 R3 crashes when we call HeapFree fuction. EXTERNAL FUNCTIONS CALLED: Function long GetFileVersionInfoSi...
I wonder where and how to catch that "lost/timeout connection". I guess transaction timeout is the important one - because it will be shorter than the others? I  have tried both dberror and error event in u_dw and also tried error event i n_tr ...
Hello, When I open an application developed by others [ say concatpdf2019], I get the following message (warning).  How I know what runtime version is used to compile that project? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hi, we are currently facing an issue in the systems of one of our clients in which printing pdf documents, out of our application, consumes round about 5MB Memory per Print and doesnt free it. Since our application is still 32-Bit and our customer ...
Now that Appeon has allowed us to switch the runtimes during execution I am assuming the compiled PBD's and EXE have no dependency on the PB runtimes used during execution?  In other words - I have compiled the PBD's and EXE using runtime 2670.  I th...
Hi all, This is probably a rookie question, but I can't seem to re-set a variable-length array...  Here's what I'm doing: for ll_ThisRow = 1 to ll_RowCount   li_doc = 1   ... other stuff ...   istr_documents[li_doc] = ls_filename   li_doc++   // I...
I compiled a Powerbuilder runtime MSI successfully with Powerbuilder 2019. I later upgraded to Powerbuilder 2021 and I am attempting to compile a runtime MSI. I get the following error: These are my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated:...
We have compiled out application to Powerserver and it works (mostly), but  after starting App from webbrowser (or shortcut) it times out - or fails (see errors below). Motly I get the first error, but sometimes the second. Any ideas ? I have trie...

There are no discussions available here currently