Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
PB 2019 R3 2728 This seems like a dumb question but I cannot get the PrintScreen function to print the screen of a secondary monitor (or third, etc).  It only prints the primary.  What am I missing? Chris Craft...
Hello,Recently, one of our client did a security audit of our application.As a result, he now wants us to sign the EXE and the PBD libraries.We are currently using PowerBuilder 2019 build 2170 and we saw on a previous post that signing of EXE's is cu...
I have 4 DropDownDatawindow (dddw) in a screen, all retrieved and shared using ShareData () in a single/same datawindow object . Out of 4 the 3 DropDownDatawindow works as expected but for the account datawindow the data are not getting display. But ...
Good morning,We are currently using PB2017 R3 (upgrading in 2 months to PB21) and we are having an issue with all URLs defaulting to IE. We are using Windows 10 and I have Edge set as my default. If I click a link within MS Teams, it opens in Edge. I...
Can I download and install PB 2021 without it affecting my PB 2019 installation? My license renews in May... does my license let me run both versions?  I have several customers using the most recent app built with PB 2019 R3 and release last Septembe...
UPDATE:     FYI:  This works:boolean        lb_validstring           ls_columnlb_valid = IsNull (adw_object) IF (NOT (lb_valid)) THEN RETURN                    // <--- the lb_valid value is FALSE at this point, as it should be.lb_valid = IsValid (...
Hello, PowerServer deployed application not able to find DataWindow objects and displaying below error.  Window objects and User Objects are loading fine.  Please let me know how to fix this issue.  Thanks.  Files are present under below folder ...
Hello, Need to get the IP address, assigned by ISP, from an PB application.   Is it possible?   If I go to myip.com, there we will get the IP address assigned by the ISP.  Need to get the same from an PB application.  How to get it? Happiness Alwa...
Hi, After migrating from PB 2017 to PB 2021, setup been created and deployed to clean VM, but, nothing works... It seems, via process explorer, that PB run time, from folder 'Runtime 21.0.0.1506', under the application folder is not loaded. Few ob...
I am working in Powerbuilder 2021. Can someone point me to documentation for making a menu appear when right clicking a datawindow?...
We have a client chart report that nest many datawindows (chart data) inside a driver datawindow (each row is a new client) and the client header band is not printing on each page.  The nested reports will span multiple pages sometimes.  Is there any...
Converted a PB 12.5 application to PB 2021 build 1506. Conversion went fine. The program can be started with the IDE. The exe that is created does not start. When the exe is started with /pbdebug the last lines in the file are:   Executing object...
PowerBuilder 2019R3Windows 10, 64 bit platformWe have 4 licenses, with one assigned to me and one to my supervisor. Two licenses are unassigned.I want to be able to open PB2019R3 on two separate VMs at the same time, so I thought I'd assign one of th...
Good afternoon !   Is it possible to be on PB19, save the syntax of a Datawindows in PB6 version ?  How am I supposed to do it?   // PB19  sSyntax = l_dwn.Describe ( "Datawindow.Syntax" )   Grateful !...
Hi. After serveral months working with PB 2019 now I cannot open it. When I try to start it I get an error message (attachment). It is a Windows message indicating that there has been a problem, that PB 2019 gave up working, and that Windows would c...
I've tried the example titled "PFC Resize without PFC" by Kevin Ridley (https://community.appeon.com/index.php/codeexchange/powerbuilder/268-pfc-resize-without-pfc#409) and it works fine for window controls, but I've tried to get resizing to work on ...
Hi, in order to get rid off Ghostscript, we're using NativePDF to save datawindow as PDF. We just migrate from PB2019R2 to PB2019R3, and it seems that the PDF generated are not the same size anymore. It's like the margin are bigger and also a larg...
Hello, using PB 2019 R3 2703, Windows 10 64 in my application I must make use of the LongLong datatype. Unfortunately I noticed calculation errors on doing a integer division with this datatype. Here is the code: longLong x, y x = 7129750713734...
Hi, We have an issue with the Save As function in our application. When the user tries to save a reports as Excel 5 or Excel 8, it can take 4 or 5 minutes to save the report. What could be causing this issue? We are using PB 2017 R3 Build 1858, SQL...
Hello Folks, I am trying to call a REST webservice from my PowerBuilder 2021 application. I have been provided with a URL and a userid/password to authenticate. I am following our friend Bruce's REST tutorial. I created an external DW with one colum...

There are no discussions available here currently