Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi. I have a question about powerclient & powerserver deployment. It’s about the option: "Download the app files as necessary". For powerclient, I guess that this mean that when the application starts it won’t download all files (the splitted pb...
  I have a block of code that fails in one instance, but not in another instance ... It's the exact same piece of code. My non-version controlled runs without issue. My version controlled issue fails. ( significantly longer path to this file )  ...
Hi guys, !'m calling a rest API from PB, but instead or returning a JSON, this API returns a PNG (QRCode, to be specific). When I use the code: restClient.sendGetRequest(as_url, as_jsonRet) the as_jsonRet gets the content "PNG".  How should I p...
Hi    I have a .net assembly that i am trying to import into a powerbuilder 2019 R3 app. some classes fail. The advise is to create a .net wrapper before importing. I dont know how to do create a .net wrapper.  Can you please help with a sample o...
Hi; Basically, I am trying to make a copy of a PB app and having issues. (PB192) I made a new workspace and target, added the pbl from my old app, and tried to deploy with incremental build without changing anything other than pasting in the open/c...
Hello Everyone. Powerbuilder 2019 R2 Build 2353 I opened a second, unused, Application object sitting in one of the PBLs in my Target to take a look inside. It has been there for years before I came onboard. While the other objects in that PBL with...
Hi all, I'm trying to switch from orca pbcompiler to PBAutoBuild210.   I have builds on TeamCity.  What I'm doing now is. I do refresh pbls from ws_objects (but update of vs objects from git is done by TeamCity) so I do only refresh a then build...
hi, i am trying to register a dll in the pre load event and i have admin on this pc and i have checked the option for run as administrator the problem is the dll is not being registered how can i see or track this operation , the process is silent...

dot net wrapper

Hi    I have a .net assembly that i am trying to import into a powerbuilder 2019 R3 app. some classes fail. The advise is to create a .net wrapper before importing. I dont know how to do create a .net wrapper.  Can you please help with a sample o...
Hello.   We have a Web Service Proxy project running out in 2017, but now in 2019 r3 that object is obsolete. I just have a few question...   Why is Obsolete? Is there other object for the replacement of this object? Our project is going to sto...
Hi Guys A quick question. I'm trying to build a DLL for Dot Net Core 3.0. I've chosen that as the Target Framework and when I build I get the following error: NU1100    Unable to resolve 'Microsoft.NETCore.App.Ref (= 3.0.0)' for '.NETCoreApp,Versio...
Hello, I just want to know if there is any special reason for GetJWTToken function if it's doing (almost) exactly the same as SendPostRequest. I see that GetJWTToken has extra return status:  "-5 -- Failed to get token" (and has SendPostRequest "-1...
Hi all, I'm trying to use the F9 key to trigger the pfc_operators event and open the Operators response window.  I created a user event on my dw named ue_keypress with arguments key (keycode) and keyflags (unsignedlong). Right now, the event just ha...
Hello, With the Contemporary style, you can change the TextSize property of menu objects, but that does not apply to the main menu bar. According to the User's Guide, it has a fixed height. Does anyone know if there is a workaround or if it is going...
Hi all,I'm doing a very simple query window. I can put the dw in query mode, but when I retrieve, my query parameters are ignored and nothing is returned. Here's the code for the dw://Constructorthis.of_SetUpdateable( FALSE ) // First, enable the D...
Hi all, I'm testing linkage service in PB2021 with latest PFC.  I inherited a new window from w_sheet and copied the code from the PFC example (w_linkageretrieval) and changed the dws and retrieval arguments.  Can't get it to work to save my life.  ...
We are in the process of upgrading applications from Powerbuilder 10 and 12.5 to Powerbuilder 2019R3.   Currently all of our powerbuilder applications reside in the same folder on a server and staff have a shortcut pointing to that location.  This f...
Is it possible to have events, not just methods, come from a .NET assembly into the PowerBuilder nvo when using the .NET dll imported in PowerBuilder 2019 R3? Or failing that, react to events that are raised from the .NET assembly in PowerBuilder in ...
Hello, I have a different behavior when I print with NativePDF a portrait output between IDE and deployed. When I run from the IDE the output is fine in portrait, but when I run from a deployed application the layout is smaller, not in full page, l...
Hello - Long time PowerBuilder developer, first time Agent SVN user.  I did a search on the community forums and can't find anything related to my issues. Using PB2017. It took some time to get Agent SVN configured and connected to the repository ...

There are no discussions available here currently