Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Can I install PB 2019 (Standard) to the same computer as my current development computer now used with PB 2017 R3? From PB 10.5 I have had the habit of setting up a new development machine for each new main version, to ensure not to interfer with th...
Hi Guru If I run my project from the IDE I get a crash What I can see (see attachment) is that the w_frame is drawn very small in the upper left corner. After a few seconds a crash occurs. directions?typ.s.Windows 10Powerbuilder 2017r3...
Hi Guru   Where can we find the PDFs of the 2019 version manuals?  ...
Good morning Guru We have been using, with satisfaction, a Web service written in Powerbuilder for 2 years. - This ws is called by several PB programs passing a structure as a parameter. - This Ws returns a double. Now I need to call this ws also ...
We have an internal application for dealing with emails that come in to our Outlook Inbox. It accesses Outlook via connection to the "Outlook.Application" OLEObject, and also uses the Redemption SafeMailItem OLEObject to avoid popups about being allo...
Hello, i am working on my PowerBuilder 2017 R3 with an OFFLINE license on my machine. I've also installed the new PowerBuilder 2019 but i cannot use the same offline license to run both (even not at the same time). I guess i need to switch back to ...
Good Day! We are using orcascr170.exe to import, rebuild and then create the PDB/EXE files. Please note that we are not using the autocompiler pbc170.exe. For scores of builds, the icon was being added. Suddenly, orcascr170.exe no longer adds the i...
I want to see how PowerBuilder Mobile applications look like. Is there any showcase where different mobile applications can be viewed?...
Hi All,   we are working on Powerserver to make calls to Oracle tuxedo service from web , one of the issue that we have noticed that DLL used to make tuxedo calls are getting downloaded in cached directory in Client PC, will there be a Way for DLL ...
I need to set this edit mask 19~05-#### to a datawindow string column through script.   In design mode i can set the same edit mask 19~05-#### and it works fine but when i try to set it in power script then this edit mask 19~05-#### crashes my app....
Hi Chris.   My WS can't find the configuration ini file: Webservice.ini.What do you mean with "Note: must get the PATH correct!". Which path ? It must be the same path of 'Resource files' tab in project ?The code: >>ls_ini_file = of_get_ini_file_na...
All - I have a fairly large web/mobile project that needs to be done. I'm searching for a contractor that is proficient with PowerServer Web/Mobile. The contractor must reside in the United States.  Please email me at jhess@mholdingco.com if you're...
Hi all, we are evaluating some ideas to change our "default"-sort order of string columns on the database (oracle 12g), because of some special character(sets). Until now, we supported just usual ansi/german letters, but since database and powerbuil...
Hi all; Is there a way to deploy an application to Power Server via a command line? (I'm using PB Version 2017 R3 Build 1858)...
Is there a way of protecting  a specific column in a DW by referencing by row, e.g. I want to input to column A in 1st row, but disable A in 2nd, Modify does not allow row to be used, so end up disabling all rows. Does not seem to work in Datawindow...
Hello, I noticed a lot of strange temp files generated in my user Windows temp folder C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp. The filename is composed of my computer name, my user name followed by (for example) .log.WARNING.log20190523-091247.14700 and...
Hi all, Getting this error when debbuging the Web app: "03502: PBL files have been changed. Please re-deploy the application under the debug mode." I re-deployed as suggested but error persists. App configuration: I did Full build in Powerbuild...
I am trying to create a new data window by sourcing an Oracle Stored procedure. The stored procedure has compiled and been tested using Oracle SQL Developer. It runs fine. However when i try to create a data window it throws a Date Error before i can...
Hi, I am doing POC of big project. I have downloaded trial version and did migration of code. while running application it shows me text everywhere "Trial". So Do I need to remigrate code once again upon purchasing standard license or already migrat...
Hi, I have a report as below. I would like to automatically add number in each group header in No. X where X will be 1,2,3,4.etc...Is this possible? Regards,Marcin...

There are no discussions available here currently