Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Appeon Team,   I created an executable of an application. The application uses rich text control which works well when i run the application with power-builder IDE but if i run the executable  It says "Failed to create the control. Please confir...
Is it possible to change the number of rows in a Datawindows when it is in query mode ? ty...
Hi, Recently we migrated our application from PB12.5 to PB2017 R3 in order to support TLS1.2. We are following easySOAP method and connecting SOAP based webservice. Due to lots of efforts and budget we are not converting SOAP webservice to REstful s...
Hi.   Is there an option i PB2017 to always push PBL's to Git? It looks like we have to right click and choose "Upload PBL" now to also push the PBL's in addition to the .sr* files?   This could be a nice addition to have double backup of the so...
Hi Guru I have problems making a clone from Powerbuilder on Visual Studio Team Sevices.When executing the eyebrow instructions in the user guide on page 77 the system gives me an error. If I make a clone from Tortoise everything is ok. Some idea?  ...
Hello, is it possible to generate a fillable PDF form (DW save as PDF, PowerBuilder 2017 R2)? The customer wants to fill out fields in a PDF form and save it. Thanks for answering  ...
Hi All I am trying to save a pdf file in database and then fetching pdf data from database to create pdf file from it. BUT the created pdf file is not being opened showing message that it damaged or corrupt. Here are the implementation details Powe...
I have just changed our application to use a DSN-less connection to ODBC, and I am struggling with how to trap an incorrect password condition.  Previously (our current production code), we had an OLE DB connection.  We have a login screen, and if th...
Hi all, I have a .net webservice project that converts some numbers into string to do some proccessing. Suddenly the conversion returns something like an empty string (not even null). For example, in a method that returns string, this lines return ...
Hi, I am trying to view a data window in PowerBuilder 2017 R3. I cannot view the data window in a proper way. I am getting windows on windows and if I try to click preview by default or manage then automatically it is getting a popup as PowerBuilder...
At one time I was told that IE was the only certified browser to run PB in WEB. So I am just trying to get a confirmation of "is there an official/certified browser to run PB in the WEB", or IE, Chrome or Firefox can all be used.   Environment, PB...
Good morning Guru Our applications use an ini configuration file. eg: ProfileString ('app_lore', "stock", "0105", "S") Unfortunately, erroneously, in some cases there are more than one 'app_lore' file (in different folders). Is there a way to...
PB 2017-R3 and SQL Server 2017 Express using ODBC connection. I am able to run a stored procedure with output parameter using RPCFUNC but for some reason my client doesn't want to do it that way. When I attempt to code a DECLARE, I get a compile err...
At one time there was a problem where when running on a server, the temporary work files were not unique which caused issues. I am pretty sure this was fixed but I want to know how the fix works. We are moving to 2017-R3 Build 1880 soon and part of...
Issue: An application crash occurs when a Close or CloseWithReturn of the parent window is invoked either directly or indirectly from the DoubleClicked or Clicked event of the MonthCalendar control. Background: We currently use a really old Active...
In the file explorer you can select "copy" from the context menu. How can we simulate this with powerbuilder? I would like to know the Global External windows function.    ...
Powerbuilder application deployed to Citrix works great, except connecting to Excel file. I am using ODBC to connect to excel file to import data into datawindow, this works great on desktop but in Citrix client C: drive becomes \\Client\c$. getting ...
Hi; I'm using PF2017 R3 Build 1858, deploying to PowerServer via IIS, using Oracle instant client 18.3 64 bit, running in Chrome 74.0.3729.131 64 bit. The transaction object uses a dynamic connection to log on. When a client logs in we test to see ...
Hello all, which releases of Subversion server and TortoiseSVN are certified to be used with latest Powerbuilder?   Thanks, Herbert...
Hi Expert,   I am using PowerBuilder 12.5 Classic need to consume a RESTFUL service. If anybody have the same experiences, then please guide me. Is it possible to use of MSXML OLE object? If yes how to do it? I would highly appreciate all your a...

There are no discussions available here currently