Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
As per someone's advice here I'm using the StripRTF() datawindow function to display plain text values from a RichText source. This works fine in my development environment, but in a deployed application this column is blank. I immediately thought th...
PB 2017 R3 1858 Windows 10/64b I refer to the local help browser triggered by F1 from Powerbuilder classic IDE. When clicking on hyperlinks on topics new to this version of PB, I get the error message: "Cannot connect to this page check if the we...
Hi all, I am making some tests with Git and PB2017R3. I created a repo on a Server with Bonobo Git. On my machine I built a new workspace & target with just one PBL and pushed it on Git, all OK. Each object shows a green bullet which means the obje...
I have a PowerBuilder 12.6 application that connects to DB2 through odbc.   This all worked on Windows 7 .   My environment has now changed to Window10 and I am using a trial version of PowerBuilder 2017 R3.  I modified the pbodb170 ini for DB2 the P...
Dear PB Community, We migrated our application to PB 2017 (from PB12) recently and for DB connectivity(SQL Server 2016), we rely on SQL native client. As a prerequisite, customers have to install SQL Server 2008 R2 client in their machine to success...
Is it possible to display only un-formatted text that has been stored as RichText in a database? I thought there might be some control or datawindow function that would strip off the formatting but I'm not seeing it....
Anyone know how to get the MAC address of the PC the app is running on.  (Note: I have the IP) just need to get the MAC.  I did try the "Get Mac address demo" from the code exchange but one of the numbers in the returning MAC address is coming back w...
PowerBuilder 12.1, b7055Oracle 12CWindows 10 64 bit platform hosted on CitrixWe're getting a brand new error as of today: Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks, Olan...
Hi Team, I have PowerBuilder 2017 R3 installed in my machine as well I have PowerBuilder 12.5 in my machine. When I was running application from migrated source code in PowerBuilder 2017 (from source code), I am getting "Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 ...
Good Day! I have migrated my PB 2017 R3 application to PB 2019 Beta Build 2002.  Functions like ShareData and InsertRow are returning 0, not 1 nor -1. All the steps leading up to these calls succeed and look fine compared to 2017. Any ideas?  Tha...
Buen día, desde Perú, podrías ayudarme por favor, mira eh subido el apk pero con un proyecto demo lo mas básico la cual no tiene mas que una consulta, luego el subido para publicarlo en PlayStored de Google (console de google). me pega este err...
I just received a new Win 10 machine (yuck) for work.  Got PB 2017 R2 Build 1769 installed no problem.  I'll worry about moving to new versions when I have time.  Right now, I have some stuff to do that can't wait, but first, a goofy problem. On eve...
Sorry for my newbie question, I suppose as I could not find similar questions about encoding.   My case is, 1. Chinese character can be retrieved and updated to/from database with correct encoding in PB app, 2. Chinese character can be retrieved ...
Hi Appeon powerbuilder team,   We have a desktop power builder application where we recently tried to convert to web. We faced some errors which we cant track of. I copied and pasted few errors from the UFA report: Error1: Admin_misc.pbl\w_column...
Please, urgent help! The packaging process of the Powerserver toolkit for a Web application stopped working (it had worked well so far). I successfully completed the full deployment of the application on the local server and the application runs wit...
Hi. I'm new to C# programming. I need to asynchronously (from a Web service) run a number of instances of the same process and, then, check if they have all finished. For this, I use a C# process array. Could anyone please tell me if the following c...
Hi: I just migrated a PB12.1 application to a PB2017 R3 application.  When I click on the Library painter and select a .pbl, it shows me version numbers ranging in 1 to 18.  Where are these version numbers coming from?  They are not in the .prp fil...
PBv12.1, build 7055Windows 7, 64 bit platformOracle 12C database   How can I determine - in code - that I am running in the IDE vs running an EXE?   Thanks, Olan...
Hello, We have a requirement of packaging our power builder apps, which was built using Power Builder 12. Currently we are copying our .EXE, .PBDs, .INIs, resource files and powerbuilder runtime files(DLLs) onto every workstation. Is there a way to...
Running PB 2017 R3 I am hoping to find a way to easily manage a window that uses SharaData with multiple DW's. I have a master DW which has every column selected from the table that can be updated. I then create other DW's from this master and only ...

There are no discussions available here currently