Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,I have a strange issue:I have a powerbuilder datawindow (dw_src, dw_tgt).When I'm editting datawindow dw_src, I'am able to edit cells in preview and of course on runnning app Now, i want to make exactly same datawindow( dw_tgt) but with data from...
PowerBuilder v12.1, b7055Windows 7, 64 bit platformI have a tabpage from which I open the response window lw_cascade". The response window is a PowerBuilder window of type "response", not a framework or PFC object - straight PB.The Center option is c...
Hi Everyone, I am using PowerBuilder 2017 R2. I want to run an another application which is written in C# in my powerbuilder windows application. Want to click on a button with 2 string input parameter and also need to get the return value of the ap...
Hello, Currently, I migrate all my applications to PB17 R3. All must run under win10 and 64 bit. My only problem is that I am using an external dll library called printdlg.dll. The application function under 32 bit but no way to run it under 64 b...
The interval is not fixed to 1 second and it may be different at different times during the life time of an instance of the timing user object. How do i increment an instance variable that hold maximum number of seconds since instance of the timing ...
I have requirement in power builder 2017 R3 to do some logic when there is change in frame bar position and enabling/disabling of frame bar.Can any one help me getting the menu item called or invoked when we do right click on "Frame bar" in to hide/d...
Hi PB Gurus I am facing a problem- my client has an application where PBLs are in different folders. Plus, the PFC class PBLs are in other folders. To have a better visual, let's just use the example below: On a window server: C:\Folder_PFC\PFC.p...
Good Day! I have a strange issue. I have removed some unused objects from my PFC libraries, but they still appear in my Unsupported Feature Analysis Report.  I have undeployed my application using the Application Undeployment Wizard. I tried using ...
Hi, I know there is a way to connect to a repository from IDE using "Connect to Workspace" if no workspace is open. This clones the repository to my local machine and opens the workspace. I want to use a different way: - Use TortoiseGit to clone t...
Converted the application (client/server desktop) from PB12.5 to PB2019 build 2082. Rebuild works fine. No problems when I start the application within the IDE. When I deploy the application (P code) PB crashes without any errors. Any ideas?   T...
Hi all   I have a quick question to which I have not found an answer online. In the design mode, I put a command button on a window and need to set its Visible property in the IDE to unchecked (false). It disappears from the window. I thought th...
Hello, I'm trying to understand security for a PowerServer deployment when used to deploy a traditional Powerbuilder (classic) application. Is there good documentation that I could read, and could be shown to security architects? In particular, I'...
Hello all,   I have currently implemented PFC Dropdown search onto my program and it is working fine when my DataObject is selected in the IDE or set by script (only if the DataObject is empty on the IDE). However, whenever I change the DataObject ...
Hello Sir, Small application developed in PB12.5 version having one screen just to import excel data into data window  and display user after validating data. This application doesn't contain any webservice or database calls. I am using controls... ...
Hi all Here is what I did (in order) - installed Oracle 11g 64bit client on a Windows 10 64bit machine (successful). I was able to run the SQLPLUS and query our dev Oracle 11g database - installed Powerbuilder 2017 R3 on the same machine (successf...
Hi, My PB developers are using PB 2019 on their laptops with Online licenses that I assigned to them. (I'm the license administrator for our company.) Due to a company policy, external internet connectivity is about to be restricted on their laptops...
Hi all,   My client is interested in migrating their Powerbuilder 5 application to 2017 R3. They want to be able to do a trial first and see how the application works before committing to paying for a license version. As of this post, Appeon's de...
Hello all,   I am trying to implement the PFC dropdown datawindow search but I can only make it to work in datawindows that have one column only (the dddw). I am not sure why this is not working for datawindows which have multiple columns from whic...
Using PB19 Universal -  Xcode on Mac V10.3 unable to compile/build an iPAD app in Xcode (On mac ). I converted one small app for Mobile(Tablet only), went through the process that creates files for Xcode project. the following two errors: /EonNati...
Hi. My original issue is that OrcaScript in PowerBuilder 2019 (installed from the separate AutoCompile.exe installer), when running on Windows Server 2008 R2, is giving me the error "DataWindow syntax has incorrect release number." While it works fin...

There are no discussions available here currently