You need to be logged in to view a user's profile.
  1. Tom Peters
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 30 May 2019 18:29 PM UTC

Good Day!

We are using orcascr170.exe to import, rebuild and then create the PDB/EXE files. Please note that we are not using the autocompiler pbc170.exe.

For scores of builds, the icon was being added. Suddenly, orcascr170.exe no longer adds the icon. The DAT file has not changed, nor have I modified anything regarding my PB 2017 R3 installation.

Here is the command we run for the build:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\orcascr170.exe" "%CD%\OrcaScr170Build.DAT"

The DAT file has all the set liblist, set application, build library commands and so forth.

Here is the command from the DAT (modified for confidentiality) for the EXE.

BUILD executable ".\PowerBuilder\product\product.exe" ".\Foundation\PowerBuilder\Images\product.ico" ".\Foundation\PowerBuilder\Images\product.pbr" "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" newvstylecontrols x64

The ico does exist in the location defined. So does the pbr. The ico is mentioned in the pbr. 

Here's the fun part!

• If I remove x64 and generate a 32 bit exe, the icon is added!
  • If I leave x64 and remove newvstylecontrols, the icon is added and the exe is ugly like to olden days!

I have tried using full paths for the commands, running as admin, etc.. The only thing that makes the ico get added are the bulleted points, above.

PB 2017 R3

Windows 10.0.17134 Build 17234

Any ideas? I checked known bugs, but they all seem to be regarding pbc170.exe, not orcascr170.exe.

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Answer
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 30 May 2019 19:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

X64 was a rush job by SAP and they forgot to update ORCA. Later they and Appeon fixed some ORCA issues but some still persist.

Definitely report this as a bug.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are replies in this question but you are not allowed to view the replies from this question.