Featured Questions

Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
PB v12.1, build 7055Oracle 12c databaseWindows 7, 64 bit platformA simple issue that I canNOT sem to resolve. I need access to the object properties of my DW at the ROW level, NOT at the COLUMNS level. I need to access the Visible, X, Y, and TabSequ...
In PowerBuilder 2019, where is the executable to generate the Runtime DLLs that need to be distributed with my app?...
Some of the objects in a PBL (PowerBuilder library) cannot be exported, deleted, regenerated. And library itself cannot be optimized. Even those objects cannot be edited and neither their source is opened in editor. I copied the original object from...
Hi All, Is "physical location" of images loaded using .PBR files cached similar to location of classes and DataWindow objects? First time app needs to loads any class from disk, it searches the library list. When found, loads from disk and caches l...
Hi. I'm currently developing an application that consumes a Web Service using PowerBuilder 12.5. All the methods work perfectly fine inside the PowerBuilder IDE, but after deploying, some methods do not work when run from the EXE file. Some give...
Hi! Is it possible change replace row and column rule? The column headers are in left side of DW, and the records are in the columns, the row id or date is on the top of DW. I Can write an SQL which is translate the value, but the column Edit type...
Currently, each column of a datawindow “remembers” the selected keyboard language, when the user entered data. This means that when the user goes from one field to another (using mouse or tab) the keyboard language changes automatically. This is ver...
Hi all. We are using a Git repository to store our powerbuilder sources and a Teamcity server to build a setup from it.Now, when I commit changes to Git from inside Powerbuilder, this commit contains an "encoding UTF - 8".And that's a problem for Te...
I need to delete some objects from some specific libraries i have found with a utility i developed in PowerBuilder but thereis no easy way i can delete objects through script. There is ORCA which i never used before and have no idea how to use it. ...
Ok , so I have a new laptop and now I must setup all those customs colors again, default font;s and my DB connections. Can someone tell me what file(s) these are stored so I can copy them to my new laptop.    Thanks in advance, Richard...
I'm working on a basic scheduling feature using DragDrop to assign/reassign tasks. All columns have a tab order of 0. When I move a task from one cell to another, the source cell remains highlighted as show in the image. Is there any way to deselect ...
Hi All,   we are trying to use ExportJson and ImportJSon function of DW to save result of rest service in DW but when its not showing in PowerServer toolkit while deploying application to web. as per latest Appeon document JSONClient is supported ...
Hello A quick theme question, if you use "themes" the text color is always the same ( black ) in all datawindows , can you force other color if you want to ? , sometimes you need to have a special color that indicates something. Thanks /Jonas  ...
Hi Appeon team, Currently we are using Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 version. We have a requirement to place a file into directory (UNIX server) through SFTP I know that we have some external dll which help us to accomplish the purpose but is there ...
I get a JSON like : {"data": {"name": "\u9673\u6cf0\u5c71", "coupon": [], "is_active": true, "sex": "male", "birthday": "2019-05-15T16:00:00Z", "mobile_number": "+88696631", "balance": 10}}   name is Chinese What function can help me convert it t...
Hi, I'm using PB2019, buld 2082 and having issues with ApplyTheme not applying the theme is certain environments. Made a simple test. 1) copied the themes to C:\TEMP\themes and into that, the four theme folders provided by Appeon, e.g Flat Design ...
Hi.   We have a small application (PB2017 R3) which reads and interprets small text files, adds rows to 3-4 datastores and the commits to 4 tables in the database. Sometimes it can be as much as 1500 rows, but for the most between 700 and 1000. Th...
Good morning to all, I need to do some proccessing (find some text and extract the selected page into a sigle PDF) on a very large PDF file. I read some time ago in this gruop about some tool that I can integrate with PowerBuilder.  Does anybody kn...
We are moving from PVCS to Git and have two applications we would like to put into one repository.The structure would look like this:C:\ACME CORP (Main folder) C:\ACME CORP\PBAPP1 C:\ACME CORP\PBAPP2 C:\ACME CORP\SHARED (this sub-folder contains ....
Hi, I am in process of learning PB and i am stuck at finding the right click menu options. On the right click of the mouse, i get a bunch of options and i choose the one to run a report. I want to figure out which location this template is picked f...

There are no discussions available here currently