Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello everybody Lately we have been having problems with git repository and powerbuilder. All of us have the same license version. and it have been working for years...but now the dw are disappearing and getting out of reference in the dataobject......
Hi all. Trying to get a feel of it, so: step #1 Open Ribbon bar builder Open default template Save default template as 123.xml in working directory: c:\pb   step 2 open current frame window for an application (mdihelp!) left existing menu wi...
I would like to digitally sign a PDF file using PowerBuilder 2019. Since I was explained PB 2019 is currently not supporting this, here is the question for community. Is there is a 1. Windows DLL that can be used as a global External function from...
Hi PB Gurus I am having some difficult time trying this CloudPro trial.. This is what I have - I have a licensed PB 2017 R3 Standard edition - I downloaded and ran the PB Installer, which installed PB 2019 and PB 2019 R2 - by doing so, I have PB...
Hi Guys anyone of you has already tried to build up a web api with SNAP Develop connected to HANA as DB? I tried using an ODBC connection but it doesn't work Seems Cannot connect to hana... I tried this connection string: driver={HDBODBC};UID=my...
We currently use PowerBuilder 2019 (2082).  Our license will need to be renewed in July, 2020.  So will need to upgrade. We are also considering migrating our PowerScript and DataStores to C#.  I've attached a doc showing PowerBuilder products.  Can...
A treeview datawindow, i add a compute field in the group band which named "subtotal". Its value depends on a complex function.  My question is , how to add these compute field together?    Something like: GroupBand  a   subtotal=10     DetailBan...
We recently upgraded to PowerBuilder 2019 R2.  After the upgrade we simply deployed our applications again without any changes to them.  Upon deploying, users can no longer click on Treeview Controls.  Inside the development environment, the treeview...
I am migrating from PB12 to PB19.  My application runs in development on PB19.  I built it and the built version runs on the development machine.  However if I move it (and all the runtime DLLs to another machine) I get the error "The application was...
I am trying to use the orcascript command "Build project" like shown below start session set debug true build project "c:\orcatest\orcatest.pbl" "p_orcatest" scc closeend session In my folder "c:\orcatest\" I have the attached pbl. I get this e...
I made a simple Web API project in SnapDevelop.   It built fine and I tested it.   I then Opened it in Visual Studio 2019 and built it and deployed it to Azure.   Now I come back and try to open it in SnapDevelop and I get the following error: Packa...
Hi all Our clients are in isolation due to COVID-19 and are working from home. They are using VPN access and RDP to their workstations at the office where they run the application built in PB 12.5. The application randomly crashes with this message:...
Hi, I need to execute a Static Analysis of several PowerScript/DataWindow apps, so I need to export source code in readable ASCII format. For the fact I'm extracting and analyzing source code, do I have to pay royalties to Appeon or SAP?...
The Object Browser window in the IDE contains a tab named "Enumerated" that lists all of the enumerated types supported by the PB version. As PB evolves, this list grows (2019 R2 contains 9 enumerated types not available in PB 2017 R2, for example). ...
I am saving a PDF from a DataWindow. The DataWindow just views a JPG image from a string field path. The image is A5 in size, and is roughly 165 KB, I am putting it into the top left of my A4 landscape DataWindow. I then just do the following code...
Hi, How can get SMS Message for android  mobile? Which function get SMS message ?   Jungi...
Hi, I'm getting an undefined error message when using HTTPClient object on mobile app. It is returning 0, but this code is not listed as a valid return result. Integer li_rcString ls_stringHttpClient lnv_HttpClientlnv_HttpClient = Create HttpClient...
Is it possible to repeat the row value or grouping onto additional pages of a crosstab when the cross tab goes over 2 or more pages? Currently it only displays the data from the values section of the cross tab so it just ends up being data so can be ...
We have recently switched to PB2019 and making use of Git. The built-in Git support in PB2019 is fairly weak, so we still rely heavily on the git command line and TortoiseGit to bridge the gap. The problem is when external tools make changes to the u...
Hi Appeon mobile issue this error. I want to remove this error message or change own my message. Error code 10505  Transaction has time out. The transaction is rolled back:sqlca How can handle this problums? Attached file error screen. Jungi...

There are no discussions available here currently