1. Rick Domogalik
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Saturday, 25 April 2020 12:59 PM UTC

We recently upgraded to PowerBuilder 2019 R2.  After the upgrade we simply deployed our applications again without any changes to them.  Upon deploying, users can no longer click on Treeview Controls.  Inside the development environment, the treeview controls work fine.  We have checked to make sure they are still enabled, no issues there, they simply will not accept clicks any longer.

Has anyone seen this after migrating to PB 2019 R2?

Thanks.

Rick

Accepted Answer
Clarence Chamorro Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 27 April 2020 02:34 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Also you need to deployed the new set of DLLs.

Regards,

Clarence.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
mike S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 26 April 2020 19:35 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

how are you doing your builds?  Powergen, IDE, orcascript, or pbc?

When you do your builds are you doing a full bootstrap (create new empty pbls and then load everything in), or are  you doing what it sounds like chris found a problem with - build directly from existing migrated pbls ?

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Sunday, 26 April 2020 18:39 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Rick;

I had a similar experience when migrating my STD framework and demo Apps to R2. Some things would not work even after performing a full build (which I recommend everyone doing before running your apps anyway). The problems started after  running the App's right after the full build from the IDE and was also present in the EXE's.

The way I got around this issue was to use PB's "Object Browser" located in the IDE. For the Menu, Window & User Object class's, I regenerated from the top level object in each class area all the way through to the lowest level descendants. The PB IDE's full build does not rebuild the object classes in their ancestor sequences thus, may not pick up code realignment as you move from descendant to descendant. Whereas the object browser regeneration does! ;-)

After the object browser re-generations, I then performed another full build and now my apps all work again. What I'm doing now is performing my own full regression testing under R2.

HTH

Regards... Chris

Comment
  1. Rick Domogalik
  2. Monday, 27 April 2020 12:40 PM UTC
Thanks Chris. I thought this might be the issue too. I tried the full regen and build after the migration. Based on the following, I think it might be related to the deployed DLL's. I can run the application with no issues inside the IDE. I can then build and deploy the application, exit the IDE and launch the application on the computer with the updated dev environment on it and it works fine. I go to another computer that had previously ran the application before the migration and get the app to load, but still no treeviews will respond to clicks. I created a new runtime deployment package, uninstalled the old one installed the new one. I assume this should replace any deployed DLL's from before. I still have the same issue with treeview's not responding.

Could I be using the wrong runtime packager? I am making the assumption that the upgrade to 2019 R2 would have replaced the packager on my dev computer when upgraded and running that again should have given me the new set up DLL's. Looping back around to think maybe that is the issue and I need to get that upgraded too or get the deployment DLL's off the dev computer manually and deploy, but that is messy.

thoughts?

Rick
  1. Helpful
  1. Rick Domogalik
  2. Monday, 27 April 2020 13:41 PM UTC
I found the issue. I had copied several DLL's to the deployment directory. They were still the old DLL's. Even though I reinstalled the runtime package on the workstation, it was still reverting to the local directory and using those DLL's. I deleted the DLL's and that corrected the problem. Everything is working properly now.

Rick
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 27 April 2020 19:05 PM UTC
Hi Rick ... yes, the run-time DLL's must (in fact always) match the PB Version / Build that your IDE is using. ;-)
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.