Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
PB 19 Build 2082 SQL SERVER 2017   Upgrading our driver from SQLOLEDB to MSOLEDBSQL and now get issues w/ SQL's DBPARAMBINDINFO.     PROBLEM: MSOLEDBSQL conflicts w/ the Now() function in that the driver only wants 3 milliseconds instead of No...
I need to do Multithread to run a process in the background and then return to the user. But I realized that every time I call Thread the system is not freeing it from memory. I created an EMPTY UserObject to test, and then used the following code to...
Hello, I am using using the method "Method = NativePDF!" and when I generate the PDF file, the page headers do not respect me. That is, the printing continues and the header overwrites me. My PB version is 2017 R3   Regards  ...
Hi. We have a function that saves the content of a datawindow to Excel using this code: try      ll_return = dw_saveas.SaveAs(ls_xls, XLSX!, true) catch (Throwable th)    messagebox("",th.GetMessage()) end try The datawindow has about 180.000 r...
Hi, I am working on PB2019 on an Azure VM. I deleted and created the virtual machine but it seems I was not logged out from my Appeon license session in the previous VM, so now when I try to log into the new VM it fails telling me I am already logge...
Hi everyone, We are migrating Windows 10 PB 2017 R3 Applications with a heavy stored procedure back-end from ASE and to MS SQL Server.  I have done some preliminary work and the easiest seems to be ADO.NET for compiling the Declares. I was curious ...
Hello, I made changes to a test project, and now it will not deploy. i have tried to deploy to iis (that would be normally what i do) and to an MSI. neither works and no error messages are generated by full or incremental build or the deploy. The ...
How can we deploy REST API on AWS from SnapDevelop ? Can you please guide me with the steps that should be followed to do so! ...
Hi, friends:   I have a toolbar menu cascade with three options: menucascade_toolbar                      -> option 1                      -> option 2                      -> option 3   It works fine: whatever option I choose at runt...
Hi, I stumbled across a disturbing bug or maybe feature in the PB IDE. If a user definded object 'u_dw' derived from standard datawindow is on a standard class window and named 'dw_1' a System Tree search  for 'u_dw' will report a match found on th...
When i try to start SnapDevelop i see SnapDevelop not register. I have old license Universal who transformed in CloudPro. In license info - Universal ! I use PB & SD offline ! My license is valid to the end of 2021. Do you need unregister and ...
Hi everyone, We are migrating Windows 10 PB 2017 R3 Applications with a heavy stored procedure back-end from ASE and to MS SQL Server 2017.  BTW, I already put an advice issue out for the optimum database driver to use, thanks everyone for their hel...
  Issue connecting a PowerBuilder workspace to SVN: Details see attachement (in reply below). PB Version: 2017 R3, VisualSVN Server (3.9.1)  Cannot connect PB workspace to SVN. Empty Repository  created TCP connection is active and has PID Rep...
I have an app which runs fine as 32 bit. I put it on a machine for UAT but found that in that environment they have a 64 bit SQL client. I redeployed the app as 64 bit and while it is functional for the most part I am getting this error.  I'm ho...
Hey guys, firstly apologies in advance to any mods if this is against any rules. Does anyone know of anywhere I could purchase a Powerbuilder 12.5 licenses or if anyone would have one they are willing to part with? Cheers ...
I am using "Built-in TX Text Control" and we have a spellcheck implemented (from WinterTree Software), that adds red wavy lines to every supposed error. Sadly, the spellcheck itself doesn't come with a good function to delete the red wavy lines. Pro...
I installed PB 2019 a week ago. Because of various DB connection issues I am facing I thought I'd reinstall PB. I tried to uninstall via Control Panel but I got an error and then the app disappeared from Programs and Features. The online installer r...
Hi Team, Hope you are doing good. We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and we need a help from you guys. We have to show a popup/alert message outside PowerBuilder application. Basically if anything comes that should come on the top of the screen. Do...
Hello, support Is it possible to serialize a NVO to Json string and unserialize a Json string to an nvo of a specificied type? If yes, can someone provide an example? Thank you...
We've run into an issue after merging a git branch and refreshing a pbl in powerbuilder 2017 R3. This happend on two datawindows in the same pbl, but we can't reproduce this issue. Hence the low priority. I've attached two screenshots that contain t...

There are no discussions available here currently