Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have the following subroutine public subroutine wf_init_ribbonbar (ribbonbar arbb, boolean ab_loadxml);// Just loads the RibbonBar from global variable IF ab_LoadXML THEN arbb.LoadFromXML(gs_ribbonbar_path) RETURN END IF end subroutine I u...
Does anyone have any sample code or pointer to a helpful article for doing this - dragging one row of a listbox control to another position in the control and dropping it there, to re-order the items? Thanks....
Hello, We're in the middle of investigating a way to implement a ribbonbar in our main application. Of course there are third party solutions for this, but before paying a lot of money for such a solution we like to know what the plans are right now...
I'm trying to deploy an application using PowerServer 2017 R3 and I'm getting an error saying that it can't parse a structure. The structure contains comments for some of the fields. If I remove the comments it parses without any errors. Is this a kn...
Hello All,   We were setting up APPEON Web environment in AWS cloud hosting, and the powerbuilder application was supported by pfc classes.   My problem is, a random error would be prompted as below, when we tested by retrieving records involving...
I am fairly sure I am not alone in thinking the PowerScript editor needs a refresh. My editor of choice outside PowerBuilder is Microsoft VSCode. VSCode is open source and runs on the Chromium engine. The editor component of VSCode is called Monaco E...
Since upgrading to PB2019R2, I'm having a problem resizing windows. It seems the hover area for the mouse pointer is incredibly small. I have to move my mouse back and forth several times before getting the correct spot. The lower right corner is esp...
Is there a workable or recommended way to pass a byte[24] array to and from a DotNet component from a Power Server application? Thanks....
Hello All - One of my clients has a 'symbol scanner' plugged into his USB port He places the cursor in a field (say Stock number) in a PB window object, and when he scans a barcode from a paper or another application on-screen, he wants the value r...
Hi, I've been asked to do things "while the left mouse button on an icon of a menu toolbar is being hold down" and when it's being released. I've tried to add pbm_lbuttondown and pbm_lbuttonup, but that doesn't seem to be fired. So my question is:...
Hi everyone, I'm trying to apply the UI Theme to runtime applicaion. UI theme is working good in the develop environment. But it doesn't work at end-user computer.(Does UI Theme not work on Windows 10?) I know that I can apply it just with copying...
I have installed PBv12.0 onto my Win10 VM.I cannot - can NOT - get the EBF to update the code to 12.1 to run.Booting the VM in safe mode is not possible.Then:  *** Eureka ***!I realized that what defines a version of PB are the DLLs. Since I alread...
Hola, estamos utilizando appeon 2019R2, con cliente oracle11, desde appeon solo veo la posibilidad de conectar con "O10", creo que lo hace bien, o sea me conecta. Pero el tema es que .... voy por este camino archivo -> nuevo -> "tabular" ok -...
Hi all. I've been tasked with creating a smooth scroll on a long composite datawindow. The powers that be don't care for the row by row type scrolling, as some detail rows are much taller than others. Anyway, I've created an event and associated pbm...
Hi all, just recently migrated to PB 2019 from 12.5 and am now working on the integration into SVN.  I have noticed when I make changes to PB objects and commit them, the individual files in the ws_objbects folder are committed, but the pibbles they ...
Hi,   we plan on migrating our PB17 R3 application to PB19 R2 to leverage some of the nice new features. Migration should be pretty straightforward but we use Git for source control. I'd like to know if some of you did the same thing and what pro...
Because of the mandated work from home..  I access my work desktop w/ a remote session.  Compared to other software..  PB2019 has extremely slow refresh/response time.  I've set the remote session screen resolution down and unchecked other functional...
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Information Technology has an opening for a PowerBuilder programmer working in an "essential job" in Concord NH. Good pay, great benefits, pension... We need you. Let me know if you are interested.  ...
Hi,   We need to read text files in linemode with fileopen() and filereadex() We use fileencoding() before fileopen() in order to find out the encoding argument (EncodingANSI!, EncodingUTF8!, ...)   We have an issue with UTF8 files. FileEncodin...
If I create a SnapDevelop Class Library Project, can I use that dll library in PowerBuilder 2019 (or does it have to be the old style dll)?  ...

There are no discussions available here currently