Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
This morning I was pleased to find that PB2019 R2 is available for download.   Note for who needs powerserver 32bit: Install powerserver as 32 bit: In previous versions of powerbuilder, if you wanted to install powerserver as 32 bit, you had to f...
Hi   Currently a DEV can have multiple instances of the same release IDE open on their workstation But License server prevents running 2017 simultaneously with 2019 After we migrate our trunk code line to 2019 R2 all our Branch code will remain i...
I've to migrate my apps from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019. Some DLL needed are common for these 2 versions : libjcc, lbjutils, ... How can I install the 2 versions of my apps (PB 12.5 and PB2019) on the same directory ?...
Hi, I'm trying to come up with an alternative way to show the user that it is possible to add or remove records in a data window (DW). Previously I have had two buttons (New (For insert), Delete) in the DW and that has worked fine. Below is an exam...
Hi all,   Did someone already tried to send emails through the EWS webservice api please ? Customer of us is requesting this to be part of our next version. We are on Appeon PB 2017 R3. Any pointers welcome !   TIA John      ...
Hi Where do we find these necessary files for deploying our application that has an InkControl?  Reading the help file states we need Microsoft.Ink and Microsoft.Ink.Dll and Microsoft.Ink.Resource.Dll files.  I can locate the last two, and cannot fi...
I used to use PushOK SVN plugin with my Powerbuilder 2012. Now we migrated to PB 19 and we are trying to use native powerbuilder SVN. But we are facing some problems. Very often when 1 developer X commit changes, the developer Y tries to get it and ...
I am using PB 2019.  I  have created a HTTPClient object to retrieve data into a datawindow.  When it gets to the line      ll_rows = rest.RetrieveOne( dw_1, "https://mymeded.com/course_credit_awarded") it returns -4,  I can't find out what -4 mean...
Everything is in the title I guess. ...
Why RibbonBar Button DropDown Items are not showing up? ...
I am opening window using OpenWithParm function, I would like to insert window name into menu. How do I achieve this? Thanks in advance....
Is there a way to execute "Datastore.SaveAs(ls_filename, PDF!, false)" as a specific Windows user? I'm working on a process that involves a user hitting a button in a powerbuilder application which causes datawindow results to be saved off as PDFs at...
Hello, PB 11.5, SQL Server 2012 Express In one particular Win 10 machine, few text fields don't get displayed.  The same program is working fine in all other [Win 7 & Win 10 ] machines.  Only this machine doesn't display anything [just blank ] ...
On clicking search button, CTRL + F action should happen. How to trigger keybd_event method for keys CTRL  &  F together? ...
Hello,  Has PB 2019 R2 been released and if not, when is the estimated release date? If it has been released, please tell us where it can be downloaded? Thank you Arcady...
We've been waiting for the 2019 R2 release for some time now and reached the point at which we are actually holding our own releases due to this... do any of you know when Appeon plans on releasing? our window is closing and if we can't upgrade NOW ...
Hi All, We have a legacy Power builder application which was built on 11.5, would like to know if the support is still available for 11.5 ? drawback of running the application on 11.5 , what is the latest power builder version which we can think of ...
Hi.   We have invoked a web service for several years now, but it suddenly stoppet working from PowerBuilder last Friday. We have not upgraded the application in over a year. The web service is hosted in Azure and they use CloudFlare in front as ...
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a reliable way to determine if a PB Mobile app is running on a Tablet or a Mobile Phone running on Android. With IOS that is quite easy since you can of_getdevicetype function in eon_mobile_deviceex object ...
Giving error on custom control ole object on line ole_1.Object.Open(sFileName) while opening a avi file quick help is really appreciated.  the error is "Error calling external object function open in line 10 in open event of object win_wait_prompt". ...

There are no discussions available here currently