Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good morning I have a strangeness in PB. Let's build the case: 1) The folder submitted to git in a clean state. I type 'git status'. the system answers me: "nothing to commit, working tree clean" Very well. 2) I open P...
I have a RTE and I am trying to prevent user from using the key board "cntrl-z" so that it does not clear out the RTE.  Scenario: Retrieve data from DataBase and paste it to the RTE control, that original paste I am guessing is being added to UNDO s...
Sir/Medom How are you? I am developing desktop applications in Powerbuilder since last 15 years. and Last I am working in PowerBuilder 10.5 and working smoothly and enjoying well. But now I was happy to hear about PowerBuilder 2019 by Appeon.  I ...
Good morning. I have a quirk with GIT / Kraken / VSTS Configuration: Program = Powerbuilder 2017R2 Client = GitKraken Repository = Visual Studio Team Service n ° Branch 2 = master, am60 Operation 1) I position myself on the 'Maste...
Hello All, I have a customer with PB2019 with a running mobile app with a PowerServer PB edition. now they decide to move part of the client server app to PowerServer WEB they have bought the PowerServer Web  it is posible to have the same PowerB...
Is there something available from Appeon along the lines on a decompiler that can be used to extract PBW/PBL files from a previously compiled EXE?  We are needing to migrate some of our very old programs (Powerbuilder 7-9) to Powerbuilder 2019.  Is t...
I'm in the process of migrating our PB 12.5.2 applications to PB19. I'm using the SQLNCLI11 provider. Have just run into the following error upon executing a stored procedure. SQLDBCode 179SQLErrText:SQLSTATE = 42000Microsoft SQL Server Native Clien...
(edited) (edited again) Meanwhile in Didcot, UK .... Trying to test this great new feature of being able to call a .Net Dll the "easy way" with 2019 R2. It works great !!! But hey ... What happened to my windows no longer saving their resized size...
Hello everyone, I am trying to generate the PBD in PowerBuilder 2019 and the system shows me the error that is in the attached image.I have tried changing the name of the exe and the directory but it always shows me the same error.Am I doing somethin...
Hi   I have a log functionnality that reads data from a datawindow and concatenate it into a string. When the string gets fairly large the performance plumets. On my test case with 3600 lines in the DW ls_string += ls_added_data => 25 minutes...
Hi all! So we have been quarantined for a little over a month, no employee is allowed to access the physical work building for any reason. We have been given VPN access and RDP to our machines so that we can work from home. In the last couple days,...
Windows 10. 64 bit platformCitrix hosted VMMonday, 13-APR-2020Thanks to Armeen's suggestion onm y last question I was able to successfully install baseline PBv12.0, open up a workspace, connect to a database, and successfully run the application! Tha...
Hello, I am having a bit of trouble setting a rectangle on a particular row visible = 1 , i will then need to set it visible = 0 after the mouse has moved off that row. The event that triggers this is is called mousemove (pbm_dwnmousemove). You can...
Hi..   I migrated an old application from 2017 , via 2019 to 2019 R2. None of the XML files we have will generate now using FileOpen(<name>,TextMode!,Write!). FileWrite all of a sudden returns -1. I works fine when changing to FileWriteEx. ...
PB 19 Build 2082 SQL SERVER 2017   Upgrading our driver from SQLOLEDB to MSOLEDBSQL and now get issues w/ SQL's DBPARAMBINDINFO.     PROBLEM: MSOLEDBSQL conflicts w/ the Now() function in that the driver only wants 3 milliseconds instead of No...
I need to do Multithread to run a process in the background and then return to the user. But I realized that every time I call Thread the system is not freeing it from memory. I created an EMPTY UserObject to test, and then used the following code to...
Hello, I am using using the method "Method = NativePDF!" and when I generate the PDF file, the page headers do not respect me. That is, the printing continues and the header overwrites me. My PB version is 2017 R3   Regards  ...
Hi. We have a function that saves the content of a datawindow to Excel using this code: try      ll_return = dw_saveas.SaveAs(ls_xls, XLSX!, true) catch (Throwable th)    messagebox("",th.GetMessage()) end try The datawindow has about 180.000 r...
Hi, I am working on PB2019 on an Azure VM. I deleted and created the virtual machine but it seems I was not logged out from my Appeon license session in the previous VM, so now when I try to log into the new VM it fails telling me I am already logge...
Hi everyone, We are migrating Windows 10 PB 2017 R3 Applications with a heavy stored procedure back-end from ASE and to MS SQL Server.  I have done some preliminary work and the easiest seems to be ADO.NET for compiling the Declares. I was curious ...

There are no discussions available here currently