Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, friends:   I have a toolbar menu cascade with three options: menucascade_toolbar                      -> option 1                      -> option 2                      -> option 3   It works fine: whatever option I choose at runt...
Hi, I stumbled across a disturbing bug or maybe feature in the PB IDE. If a user definded object 'u_dw' derived from standard datawindow is on a standard class window and named 'dw_1' a System Tree search  for 'u_dw' will report a match found on th...
When i try to start SnapDevelop i see SnapDevelop not register. I have old license Universal who transformed in CloudPro. In license info - Universal ! I use PB & SD offline ! My license is valid to the end of 2021. Do you need unregister and ...
Hi everyone, We are migrating Windows 10 PB 2017 R3 Applications with a heavy stored procedure back-end from ASE and to MS SQL Server 2017.  BTW, I already put an advice issue out for the optimum database driver to use, thanks everyone for their hel...
  Issue connecting a PowerBuilder workspace to SVN: Details see attachement (in reply below). PB Version: 2017 R3, VisualSVN Server (3.9.1)  Cannot connect PB workspace to SVN. Empty Repository  created TCP connection is active and has PID Rep...
I have an app which runs fine as 32 bit. I put it on a machine for UAT but found that in that environment they have a 64 bit SQL client. I redeployed the app as 64 bit and while it is functional for the most part I am getting this error.  I'm ho...
Hey guys, firstly apologies in advance to any mods if this is against any rules. Does anyone know of anywhere I could purchase a Powerbuilder 12.5 licenses or if anyone would have one they are willing to part with? Cheers ...
I am using "Built-in TX Text Control" and we have a spellcheck implemented (from WinterTree Software), that adds red wavy lines to every supposed error. Sadly, the spellcheck itself doesn't come with a good function to delete the red wavy lines. Pro...
I installed PB 2019 a week ago. Because of various DB connection issues I am facing I thought I'd reinstall PB. I tried to uninstall via Control Panel but I got an error and then the app disappeared from Programs and Features. The online installer r...
Hi Team, Hope you are doing good. We are using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 and we need a help from you guys. We have to show a popup/alert message outside PowerBuilder application. Basically if anything comes that should come on the top of the screen. Do...
Hello, support Is it possible to serialize a NVO to Json string and unserialize a Json string to an nvo of a specificied type? If yes, can someone provide an example? Thank you...
We've run into an issue after merging a git branch and refreshing a pbl in powerbuilder 2017 R3. This happend on two datawindows in the same pbl, but we can't reproduce this issue. Hence the low priority. I've attached two screenshots that contain t...
Good Afternoon! I'm using PB 2017 R3 Build 1880 , Microsoft SQL 2016 , my computer is Win 10 Pro and I have a webservice . I'm trying to deploy my WebService to my localhost and I got an error message : Window Script Host       Execution of the W...
A daily CSV file is import into the Oracle database via data-window File Import and then saved to the database via DW Update. (PB2017R2) Simple, but not fast. The file has about 105K rows and in the office takes around 15 minutes, which the users hav...
hello everyone i am having a problem with inkpicture control and since i am not very expert with it i might need some help.I save the ink into my table as a blob but i am not able to load it back for showingPB 2019 R2 - Sql Anywhere 16i've created ...
Have i not got something installed maybe?   https://i.ibb.co/Gx73Fkr/image.png  ...
How Can I create web service in powerbuilder?  I need to create a web service directed to the web page http://labelary.com/viewer.html, has anyone already done it? can you share the code?    ...
Hi Everyone, I'm having some major 64 bit issues. The issue is in both PB2019 and PB12.6, so it must be environment related. It worked before and now it doesn't. To confirm that it's not my coding; I created a new application with 1 window, no code....
Hello, I need help when displaying the json response from http://www.mocky.io/v2/5d2810152c000072003ed79e in a datawindow. I will really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance...
Windows 10. 64 bit platformCitrix hosted VM UPDATE:  Monday, 13-APR-2020Thanks to Armeen's suggestion I was able to successfully install baseline PBv12.0, open up a workspace, connect to a database, and successfully run the application! Thank you, A...

There are no discussions available here currently