Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hola, estamos utilizando appeon 2019R2, con cliente oracle11, desde appeon solo veo la posibilidad de conectar con "O10", creo que lo hace bien, o sea me conecta. Pero el tema es que .... voy por este camino archivo -> nuevo -> "tabular" ok -...
Hi all. I've been tasked with creating a smooth scroll on a long composite datawindow. The powers that be don't care for the row by row type scrolling, as some detail rows are much taller than others. Anyway, I've created an event and associated pbm...
Hi all, just recently migrated to PB 2019 from 12.5 and am now working on the integration into SVN.  I have noticed when I make changes to PB objects and commit them, the individual files in the ws_objbects folder are committed, but the pibbles they ...
Hi,   we plan on migrating our PB17 R3 application to PB19 R2 to leverage some of the nice new features. Migration should be pretty straightforward but we use Git for source control. I'd like to know if some of you did the same thing and what pro...
Because of the mandated work from home..  I access my work desktop w/ a remote session.  Compared to other software..  PB2019 has extremely slow refresh/response time.  I've set the remote session screen resolution down and unchecked other functional...
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Information Technology has an opening for a PowerBuilder programmer working in an "essential job" in Concord NH. Good pay, great benefits, pension... We need you. Let me know if you are interested.  ...
Hi,   We need to read text files in linemode with fileopen() and filereadex() We use fileencoding() before fileopen() in order to find out the encoding argument (EncodingANSI!, EncodingUTF8!, ...)   We have an issue with UTF8 files. FileEncodin...
If I create a SnapDevelop Class Library Project, can I use that dll library in PowerBuilder 2019 (or does it have to be the old style dll)?  ...
Hi All, I discovered this code snippet in old code someone else wrote ages ago. GarbageCollectSetTimeLimit( 0 ) GarbageCollect( ) Why set minimum time limit to zero?Is there a behind-the-scenes effect I cannot read from F1-Help? Did it have spec...
Installed PB 2019 on a Windows 10 machine. Migrated my apps from 12.6.  Compiled in 32 bit. Runs fine on that Windows 10 machine.  Running from Windows 7 complained of missing DLLs.  Got all the dlls listed in Help "runtime files" as being Core runti...
Hi there i'm having an issue trying to deploy my app to a remote webserver.everything working fine on my local web server but when i try to deploy to a remote one i'm getting error 02005Ftp working fine since i'm connecting without problems using fil...
Hello together, is it possible at all, to use TFS as source control for PowerBuilder 2019.I didn´t find useful instructions at all.First I tried to install the Team Server 2013. This failed due to compatibility problem.So, this is not that bad, i ca...
We have recently migrated to PB 2019 from PB 10. We migrated several applications, half a dozen, and one in particular has an issue when trying to use filemove. We are getting -2 "Error writing targetfile". the file does not exist on the target. We a...
Hey PowerSphere Can you play a sound on an Android Device (at least it works on IOS) of_play() in the workarounds pbl  eon_mobile_audioex leon_mobile_audioexleon_mobile_audioex = Create eon_mobile_audioex leon_mobile_audioex .of_play( "beep-02.wav...
Hello, could not find the place in the PB IDE where font size of function&event headers within Script editor could be increased. Using latest PB 2019 R2 2328.   ...
Update:   06-MAY-2020I realized that what defines a version of PB are the DLLs. Since I already have a copy of PBv12.1, and I want to update the PBv12.0 app I have on my Win10 VM, all I need to do is to copy the \SHARED\PowerBuilder folder from my Wi...
HI, Can somebody help me please. I want to take my applications to the web. This is my first time. Do I just use normal Powerbuilder or must I install something else.   REgards ML...
Hello I would like to know if it is possible to maximize a window, maximizing the objects that it contains proportionally in the version PB 2017 R2. Thank you....
Im trying to implement the new ribbon control to my application, everything it's ok but how I can place my own pictures on the buttons? I mean I can put pictures but when i try to deploy my application on other device I cannot see them. Im actually u...
Hi Experts, I like to know the ways to migrate the Source control from VSS to Github. We are using Powerbuilder 2017 R2. Can you kindly let me know whether Github is supported in PB2017? Is it possible to migrate from VSS to Github? We are going ...

There are no discussions available here currently