Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I've started migrating my PB 2019 R2 applications to R3, and the majority of them (but not all) are getting flagged and quarantined by McAfee.  I am in the process of getting exceptions setup for them all, but why is this a problem all of a sudden? I...
Wondering if anybody has developed a PB UI Theme that closely mimics Google's Material Design that they would be willing to share?...
Hi   I am trying to install Appeon on my system, however I get stuck at specify database engine, could some one pls help me with that? SQL anywhere 12 is on my system. does sql anywhere come wwith the Appeon installer(offline installer)? IF not, w...
We are currently migrating from PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to 2019 R3.We are using Git for source code control.In our application Git repo we have multiple folders at the root level, one of which is our Powerbuilder folder, which contains all the PowerBuil...
Hi All,  I need obtein the CSV file with the ; separator en PB2019 R2, Could you help, please?  This is the code    choose case ls_extension case 'CSV'               dw_1.Saveas(c:\file, CSV!, TRUE) end choose This is the example file, obtein no...
Hello Community, PB Version: 2017 V3, soon to move up to current 2019. In SVN usage, there is no SVN capability in the Library (whether rt-click or menu items), but only in the System Tree. Therefore, we cannot even check-in/out multiple objects at...
  Hi everyone, I'm new to this community and haven't used PowerBuilder in my work for a while.   When deploying on 64bit I have a problem with the use of the external function "User32.dll" such as with the "getSubMenu" function which always...
Hello All, We are trying to upgrade PB from 12.5 to 2019. Now we are facing a problem with sending an email. At the beginning the popup outlook window with DENY ... ALLOW... options - stopped appearing(but the email was sent , we saw it in 'sent i...
2019 R3     IDE and Runtimw 2556 built on 9/9/2020   So what is the winning combinations of commands that will loop through the submenu’s in the master menu? Could it be that there is no way and I have to await enhanced features?     Below is t...
Hello, PB 11.5 , Win 10 Pro Everything was working fine.   Suddenly, when I open a window or create a new window, PB closes without any message.   Uninstalling and re-installing PB solves this issue, but re-appears after some days.   This issue ha...
I migrated a Powerbuilder application from 8.0 to 2019 R2. The application uses Microsoft Word Spellcheck to check the text in a RTF object. On Windows 7 computers, the spellcheck window appears and gets the focus but on Windows 10 computers the spel...
HI I have  datawindows with pictureobject in the header, how can assign the image setpicture(blob) from the selectblob   tableblob NOT work in header largebinary NOT work in heather   somebody can help how can assign the image   thanks    L...
Hi. I am using the InternetResult object and when distributing my application it does not work in the same way in Windows Server 2008 R2, as in Windows 10. What do I have to include in order for it to work correctly? Will I need any dll? Thanks...
We have a mdi parent/child application where we do some resizing of the child windows as they open (originally based off of the PFC libraries, I think). When a theme is applied to our compiled application with the "window"."drawing":true, the child w...
I have been playing around with the Apache e-charts implementation provided with PB 2019 R3.   I have found it to be very slow when dealing with large amounts of data.   A key factor in this is the use of getitem to extract data from datawindows to b...
Hi, We are developing and testing Web application using poweserver2021. The problem that i have is that the users wants the application to run without letting the users install in their machine. its true it doesn't need a admin rights. This app is ...
Hi, if I do pdb from dll (pbx2pbd) everything works with PB IDE if I upload dll to C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Appeon \ PowerBuilder 19.0 (my installation). How to make this upload unnecessary. Regards. WS...
PB219 R3 Build 2670 Project properties set to "Built-in TX Text Control ActiveX 28.0" 32-Bit Application Believe it or not, I've never had to use a rich text control in PowerBuilder over all these years as a developer. But now someone want to desi...
Hi, we have an old PB 12.5 app that calls and checks the DB for needed updates. After checking and updating if necessary, it calls the PB 2019 application. We need the two versions so that if the runtime dll's in the PB 2019 changes, we can overwrit...
We are using Powerbuilder 2019 build 2082 and the deployed applications are running on windows server 2012. The restclient object sendGetRequest() is returning a -1. This works great on windows 10 from the IDE and it also works when deployed to a wi...

There are no discussions available here currently