1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 3 February 2021 10:27 AM UTC

Hi,

PB 2019 R3:

I've only seen this happen once and could not reproduce it after closing powerbuilder and opening again. It does give me a 'funny' feeling though. 
When having selected a dddw column and clicking on some of the attributes on the "Edit" tabpage, it seems the IDE tries to do a retrieve of the dddw or something weird like that.
Please see the attached video.
Anyone else has seen this happen?

regards

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 4 February 2021 04:43 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

I can't reproduce this weird "Glitch" anymore, so for now, let me just mark it as "un"resolved.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 3 February 2021 17:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Miguel;

I tried this in my R3 and could not replicate this behaviour unless "AutoRetrieve" was ON.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Wednesday, 3 February 2021 18:40 PM UTC
So ... were you able to reproduce it with autoretrieve on? If so I think it's still a bug, I just clicked on the attribute, did not ask to preview or open the dddw?
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 3 February 2021 19:41 PM UTC
Yes, with AR "on" you get the DDDW prompt for the Argument(s). That is normally expected in the DW Painter's "Preview" pane. Same behaviour in R2 and in the new PB2021 as well. Looks consistent to me.
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Thursday, 4 February 2021 04:38 AM UTC
Hi Chris, I'm not doing any "preview" or retrieval here. If that was the case, then yes, of course you would be right, but I'm not retrieving anything. Obviously Powerbuilder for some reason might have "thought" I was :)

Also, as said before, I cannot reproduce the case anymore, No matter where I click and whether AR is on or off.

Let me just assume it was a "Glitch", I'll investigate more if I ever see it happening again.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.