Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have been a PB Developer since we had to install the product from 13 3 1/2 diskettes!  I have been developing an application for my client since 2001.  It is pretty mature at this point and I think I want to take on other work at this time.  So for...
Howdy All, Recently one of our customers started experiencing repeated slowdowns when opening windows, slowdowns that were not present a few months ago. We investigated and determined that the slowdown was seemingly occurring during datawindow retri...
Buenos días a todos Por favor alguien conoce cuando APPEON , liberará el Language Pack para la versión 2022, estoy con problemas en los formatos de fechas que me aparecen en inglés. Mil gracias y buen día....
Setting up the engine that is not local, its an azure container app.    has anyone else setup snapdevelop to publish this way?  did you get it to work?  ...
Hi, I have another question on how to translate a PB function to C#. The powerbuilder function I want to translate is String(blob, EncodingANSI!), I added the Description for the function. In C#, I have the "blob" defined as byte[] Buffer. My goal i...
Hello,which video formats are supported by the web browser control (Chromium Embedded Framework)?Is a list of formats available.Regards,Christoph...
I had problems installing the PB 2022 IDE.  So, I did not include Help and Demo files.  So, of course, Help \ Contents does not work.  How can I get Help \ Contents to work?...
Hi Chris I'm using your framework and I'm struggling with the variable: ii_max_open_count Can you explain why you want to limit the opening of the windows? Why did you put control in an ancestor wn_main? I would put it on the inherited (last lev...
I am trying to copy files like Word, images, excel etc. into a table.  Store them temporarily then have a routine that extracts them back to files when the user requests.  I have defined a table with a column called file_data  - type - (varbinary(max...
I have renamed my Azure DevOps Git repository and need to update the Repository URL in the Workspace Properties window. However, this is greyed out and protected. Is there any way I can update this value (PowerBuilder 2017 R3)? Mike Connell....
dear All, Appeon, We're looking into upgrading to PB2021/PB2022. But I'm a little bit confused about when admin rights are needed. From what I've found in the installation guide (and during Elevate sessions) admin rights are needed for the install...
Hi all, I give another try to Autoscript function in PB2022 if it get any usefull and it has really weird behaviour. Sometimes it selects whole line after word I'm typing and selects few chars from next line and as I'm typing it deletes selected ar...
Hi Sir or Madam, I am deeply urgently needed help on PBKDF2 matter. I had build a local external function for this. (See Below). But, i get error which i spent days still couldnt know how to solve it. Can anyone help me? I am totally new on external...
Hello, One of our applications is crashing, we want to know what is the cause of it to resolve this problem. When executing it stops running and sending this message:   Problem signature:     Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH   Application Name:...
Hi, I was googling online to see if this is possible but I'm not sure it is. If I'm correct it was possible in PB2018, there was a CSharp Editor but I can't find how to do this in 2022. I know SnapDevelop is used to code in C# but then I have to eit...
Hi all, I'm upgrading most of the windows in my app, using PFC objects as much as possible.  I have 5 or 6 windows that use the tab object.  Is there a reason I would use the pfc tab object?  If I use the pfc tab object, do I also need to use the pf...
Why does the Modify statement remove formatting for a column? This.Modify("column_name.Visible = No") Hides the column (ddlb), but "Visible = Yes" displays only the value without the list box.  Same problem with Radio Buttons and Calendars....
Hi all, this is a shot in the dark... I have installed sp_BlitzFirst to a customer of ours in order to get some metrics and check on performance on his SQL Server. They are running SQL Server 2019 and their databases are on compatibility level 120...
Hello, Migrated PB 11.5 application to PB 2019 R3.  Just compiled and deployed the app without any changes in the code.   Immediate response from the user(s) were that application performance is 'SLOW'.   Tried with a  pb.ini with the following con...
Hi everyone,   Do PowerScript language have any limit of No.of.Lines in a function or event in each and every PB objects? If yes, What are those limits for each PB object? Does this limit got improved in PB 2021 & 2022 version?   In our appli...

There are no discussions available here currently