Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys, I was try to look up the changes for Powerclient on PB2022 Build 1878 on Windows 10.  I noticed that a feature got removed for Update Strategy and Download Options in PB 2022 and cannot find any info on it. Can someone confirm what happen...
We are attempting to migrate PB2019 to PB2021 Version. We ran Powerbuilder Migration Assistant report for PowerScript New, Obsolete or Removed Syntax. On the next page there comes Version selection screen. Just wondering if this is relevant for PB201...
I need some suggestion/advice from you guys. I am starting to build a water utility system, One question that sinks in my mind, will it be worth it to use PFC? Thank you in advance!...
We have a functionality that consists of uploading attached files with a java servlet.The way we are doing it is as follows:       ole_object_upload.object.connecttonewobject("InternetExplorer.Application")      ole_object_upload.object.Navigate(ls_...
Hello. I have a problem. I am inserting a record of about 100000 lines into datawindows. There is no problem with me inserting the records. But after the insert process is finished, when I click on datawindow with the mouse, the screen freezes for a...
My company wants to start using managed laptops (InTune) (Windows 10) I've had to change the login procedure of my applications to no longer use trustedconnections as those laptops are no longer in the local AD of the databases. I'm having an issue...
I am currently trying to implement a Ribbonbar in Powerbuilder 2019 R2 build 2353. When I am previewing my Ribbonbar in the Ribbonbar builder all of the icons show up. I am using .ICO files. When I try to implement the Ribbonbar at runtime then onl...
Hi everyone! I've been stuck on this for almost two weeks now so I thought it might be best to ask here, is it possible to convert Powerbuilder DataWindows to C#? To my understanding I need SnapDevelop to convert but I don't have a license for that....
Buenas tardes tengo un problema, no sé aplica el UI Them de powerbuilder 2021 al momento de abrir la aplicación en el cliente a pesar que lo he configurado como dice la documentación al respecto. He colocado esta línea en el opende mi window princip...
Hello every body can any one help parsing this json [ { "hashed_id": "had1568", "retailer_number": "01062165935", "order_details.*": [ { "Item": "167", "quantity": 10, "price": 50, "tax": 0 }, { "Item": "100", "quantity": 10, "price": 50, "tax": 0 }...
Hi, actually we use MS Teamfoundation Server as sourcecode control system.We want migrate it to GitHub. We have an external ticketsystem to followup changes and issues. In TFS we can use checkin notes to find out which object is chanded for a tick...
Hi all, Is there a way to reconnect database if hit error message on "Database error ..." time out issue  ==> client/server application with Cloud deployment. right now end user have to close the application and re-lunch the application again. ...
Hi,  We are working on moving PowerBuilder code to Azure Devops and using pipeline to build application. We created PowerShell script to call pbc190.exe to compile. We have a resource folder to store all image files, including the icon file for exe....
Something went wrong with my PowerBuilder 2021 yesterday. Now the IDE will not fully open. When I hover near it on task bar this is all I see. Is my only option to uninstall? ...
Hi Guys, As a result of migrating our source code from PB 2019R3 to PB 2022, the application PB IDE is crashing/terminating during the full build process. What is the problem for this and how to resolve this issue?   Your advice is highly apprecia...
When trying to start an application built in PB2022/b1878 using PowerClient, we are consistently getting a download error 206 message (image attached).If we click on the Retry button, the failed udo.zip file is then successfully downloaded and the ap...
Hi Team, PB Version - PB2019 Build 2170 We have recently upgraded our PB executables into 64-bit. few screens we have used Richtext  like below. While print PDF It's not comming the text. Hope Rich text not supported for 64-Bit, any alternate opti...
Hello, Want to have text around a picture inside Rich Text Edit control.  Is it possible?  Either in PB 2019 R3 or PB 2022.  Text can be written above or below a picture copied (ctrl+c, ctrl+v) from another file.   Need to write text on left hand s...
Hello, We're using eon_mobile_barcodeex scanner for the mobile app. When we open it on iOS tablet form user object the scanner is centered on the screen (iOS phone has it open on full screen). When we click on the back arrow it will close the scan...
Hello, Current PB 2019 R3, 2703 Upgraded from PB 11.5 We upgraded one PB 11.5 application to PB 2019 R3.  Everything is working fine except PDF printing using Ghostscript.   That was the way we printed to a pdf file earlier.    Along with this up...

There are no discussions available here currently