Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I support a system where inspectors use a PB2019R3 app to enter data into a Postgres 12 database and then generates SQL statements for the data and saves as a text file. The inspectors use another PB2019R3 app to populate a Sybase 15.7 database with ...
Hi I Would like to know if possible create a RibbonBar in vertical instead on horizontal?   I created this on horizontal   However on LargeButton click event the application must open other RibbonBar on vertical.   My kind regards,...
I am trying to register the dll pb2xls.dll, I have added the files to"External Files" tab and I have selected the registry check, I am also running the app as administrator.It doesn't, I get an error message SaludosW....
你好: 目前我们在应用中发现涉及带中文的查询都检索不出内容,怀疑可能是字符集导致的原因。我们数据库用的是cp936,按照帮助文档做了如下设置还是不行,请问是否还有其它地方涉及配置和调整?另外想问下应用运行相关的LOG文件在哪里可以找到? 谢谢。 ...
If i use a commandparm to start powerserver client app, it will be forever sent as a commandparm. what is going on?  how do you get rid of the commandline parm?   poweserver help has zero information if you search on commandparm...
Our Client is using PowerBuilder 2019 Build# 2170 for an application. We are going to perform couple of migrations one at a time 1) migrating from 32 bit to 64 bit deployment 2) migrating from PB 2019 to PB 2021. While going through the documentation...
We developed a program with PowerBuilder 12.5 running on Sybase SqlAnywhere 9. We had a module KCrystal calling a Crystal Report from the software without any problems. We have now moved to MS SQL Server 2017 and the software runs normally except th...
Hello PB Guru's... Since putting in R3 1915, we have come across an issue where the This.Print(JobNo, X, Y) no longer captures the screen. If I set my printer to  PDF printer, the file captures is 1 KB and is blank. If I set it to a real printer, ...
Hi   this scrip i am use to export datawindows  to pdf  its work but  Arabic its not support please help   int li_retdw1.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.NativePDF.UsePrintSpec = 'No'dw1.Object.DataWindow.Export.PDF.Method = NativePDF!dw1.Object.DataWin...
Hi, I just now heard from Ken Guo, that PB2022 will no longer support JDBC connections. https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/pb2019-mysql  Now I did know that calling java procedures / functions and stuff was no longer going to be support...
I have a DW Grid and need many column put with autosize width (3)  but not work I try the solutions in runtime but not work too   I put this dw_1.Modify("fld_desprod.Width.AutoSize='3'" ) dw_1.retrieve(ls_filtro) NOT WORK why...??   I have ...
Hi all, in PB12 it seems, that table and column names was case insensitive. If I try to edit dw DataSource I can do it graphically.  When I migrate to PB2019, 2021, 2022 I cannot edit data source in graphics mode (it displays error :  could not rec...
Hi all, I've got a dw that I want to over-ride the default Windows paste behavior on.  In my dw the user can copy (CTRL+C) a value, then highlight several rows and paste (CTRL+V).  I have an event ue_keypress for the keypress event, and trap CTRL+V....
if you copy the project setup for a powerserver project the webserver settings (server configurations) are not copied.  apparently, they are stored elsewhere?  *** copy it to a different machine ***   where are they, how are these copied?...
I am trying to create jpg files and send them as whatsapp chat. let say user gives print order of pages 1,3-5,7. In that case I generate a print pages list 1,3,4,5,7 but at same time I have to read mobile_no and party name of particular pages. I disp...
Hi Team,do we have any Basic training videos from appeon...
Hi Team,   I have registered dotnet dll through regasm and added it to in cache through gacutil and I got successful message in all steps but when I opening powerbuilder I am not able to see the controls from dotnet DLL. PS: I have deleted the dot...
HI   Please   can i have instructions  how to Create a web browser app in PowerBuilder 2022     ...
Hi This is Prashant here I am using Powerbuilder 12.5.2 Classical, Windows 7 64 Bit. I need to update value of type REG_SZ, I can read it using RegString! but failed to write the value. My code is as following. ``` String ls_key, ls_val,ls_binint ...
Hello   In my application the users upload pic's files , i save only the file path ( not using a BLOB) . The path is somthing like : \\ server ip \ gloabl directory for all users \ pic file    The problem is  when they open the window to see al...

There are no discussions available here currently