Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
has anyone had any luck in hosting the webapi in either the azure container app or container instance?   I can't get the container app to start (possibly due to ports).   While the container instance starts but i can't communicate via the ports that...
We recently migrated a PB19 64-bit application from Server 2016 to Server 2019. On 2016 users could print to PDF without issue. Now, on Server 2019, when they print they can do 3 prints and then the program shuts down. The only error we are seeing is...
Hello,Im a 20+ years professional Powerbuilder developer thats experiencing slow object opening & saving in Appeon PB on large projects.Adaptive Server Anywhere as backend DB and win 10 as OS.Opening, changing and saving menu objects or other lar...
Hi All, When we download the powerclient application getting the error message "The application files are currently locked by another program."  Does anyone help on this to solve this .. Please find the attached screen shot for the error we are ge...
I am using PowerBuilder 2021 and have created an EXE package... I am getting an error 900-Invalid SQL Statement with every datawindow when running the EXE... I am not getting the errors when using PoewrBuilder... I have created the Same EXE using Po...
Ok, looks like I screwed up.  Changed the location for the pb.ini file in my app, was trying to troubleshoot something else.  Closed PB, now trying to open PB and I get an error "Initialization file is not writable".   I didn't write down the new loc...
HI, How can I see and get the required PowerBuilder dlls to deploy and run my application on a client station (destination laptop) without installed PowerBuilder ? Currently, I'm migrating from PB12 to PB2022.  Regards Paweł   ...
Hello folks, I have run into a weird issue. I am using PB 2021 - 1228. I have a datawindow which has a column - member_id. There is a function in my application which tries to get this value. // of_GetInfo String ls_mID . . . . ls_mID = ...
Hello, After migrating our projects to PB2022 (Build 1878) we have a graphic issue in response windows. There is a greater margin at right and bottom (normally nearly equal margins on every window edge). In the design painter the margin is as we w...
Hi, We are using PBNISMTP object (pbnismtp.pbx) to send mails throw SMTP and we have a problem when the user attach a file with a comma on filename. I know this is a rare case, but does anyone kow how we can fix it without renaming the file? Regard...
I am trying to PBAutoBuild220 my project according to https://docs.appeon.com/ps2022/Build_the_PowerServer_project_with_commands.html, but it insists on download all the source from Git every time. Is it possible to configure it to not download every...
Infomaker 10.5 is installed in a terminal server environment. I've successfully connected to the db and appropriate library. Im trying to run a report for a given date range. If I select a range of a single day it runs successfully but if i give a br...
We have developed PowerBuilder Client Web Services using .NET engine to download pdf document. We didn't come across any issues in the development or even after deployment. But we are running into issues when we deployed to a PC where PowerBuilder di...
Hallo all, I installed the files for my software on a network share. When I start my software on a computer from this share, everything regarding TX Text Control works fine. On another computer doing the same I get a message, that TX Text Control ...
Good Morning!How to send email directly from PB, without having any email program installed on the local machine? Thanks!...
Hi all, My customer noticed something very strange... when he's got my application running, then clicks on the desktop (or runs another app from his task bar), then comes back to my application, the Drag/Drop event is firing.  I sprinkled the code w...
Hi all, My application requires atl100.dll, msvcp100.dll, and msvcr100.dll.  There are 3 scenarios for user installs: 1. 32-bit Windows 2. 64-bit Windows, 32-bit PB install 3. 64-bit Windows, 64-bit PB install I understand there's a difference b...
Hi,We have a working PB2022 application and when used as client/server it works fine as 32/64 bit. The database is Oracle19.When deployd to PowerServer environment, the stored procedur used in DW's to retrieve data give an error. regardled of the pro...
Hi.  I'm looking for a way in my web api to obtain the column data types from a sql select statement. I am currently trying to use  datastore.Describe( colName.ColType ) which returns "System.String" and "System.Decimal" without the length of the str...
How to create exe file using PBC190.exe,  I am able to create dll and pbd file by using PBC190.exe utility from command prompt , but it is not creating exe file. I am using following command PBC190.exe /d "application.pbt" /o "application.exe" /r ...

There are no discussions available here currently