Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I have a question regarding the height of a window.  When I go into the painter to modify a window, I can look at its properties, including going to the Other tab and viewing/editing its Height.  I can also right click on the window in the treeview...
Hi, we upgraded from PB2019 to PB2022 (1892) and we are experiencing another issues: 1) SetprofileString function has problem with special characters that contains diacritics "ľčť" when writing into INI file. In INI file there is "lct" as result. ...
Hi everyone,  I am currently exploring the option of connecting to a Workspace. I am trying to add Source Gear Vault to my Source Control System but I don't see an option for it unfortunately. So I currently have no workspace, and I right click on ...
Hello all we need to test the upgrade of PowerServer  Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 1988.00 64-bit Edition to the latest version cause we have new machines with windows 11 we have donwload the PB2022 full installer but there is no...
What is the best method multi-select in dropdown DWs be accommodated for users.  This is an important issue for our reporting.  It does not appear to be a native PB functionality for DDDWs....
I don't see this file after installation of PB2022 (and update to 1892).  Previously it was in ..\Appeon\Common|Powerbuilder\Runtime <version #>.  Do I have to copy it from somewhere? (Sorry when you upgrade every 2 years you tend to forget thi...
Hello,I wrote yesterday about https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/error-after-migration-functions-procedures-with-collectionsWe fix it by changing dbms to ORA(DBMS=ORA) and migrate app to powerbuilder 2019 r3. In Powerbuilder app everythin...
Yes, I can use the JSONGenerator to build a file to spec from scratch, but I'd like to avoid that. I'd rather use an existing JSON file as a template, as a foundation, a starting point. There are a number of Key/Value pairs whose Key name is not un...
Hi we are currently using powerbuilder 2017 R£ LTS - which we develop on windows 7 and the executable is ran on windows 10 as well. We need to upgrade to 2019 R3 LTS and I know it can be developed/ ran on windows 10 but can it also be ran on windows ...
After installing Office 365 on the organization workstations our PowerBuilder Application is not sending e-mails with the mailsession OBJECT (No Errors) but no e-mail is sent... Is there a known issue? Or a code to add for the interaction with Outlo...
Currently we're using rightfax printer (Rightfax 10.6.3.2109) to send fax from our PB11.5 application running on Windows Server 2008. The system is old but fax function works fine. However, The fax problem arises with PB2022. Under the migrated versi...
HiAfter Oracle migration to 19c, there is a problem with comunication PB-> Oracle.When function has in f.e. table of strings in declaration, PB throws an exception ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected %s got %s. I tried to remove this coll...
If so, where is it located, or what settings can I adjust to change where it gets installed? This link suggests it should be in C:\inetpub, but I can't tell if it's still current. I also looked in the location used by the Powerbuilder Installer. ...
Wondering if there is a "dark mode" for the Powerbuilder IDE? If not, are there any plans for one? It's the new rage and definitely easier on the eyes while programming....
Hi Everyone Has anyone used TopWiz LDAP (or other) to access Groups that the Current User is a member of? I'm struggelng to find a suitable reference to construct the relevant query. Any assistance woudl be welcome. Thanks David...
This is an unofficial, general call to everyone in the Appeon Community for their ideas and input as to what topic(s) you would like to see covered at the coming Elevate 2023 conference. Of course, I'm sure Appeon will be presenting information about...
Hi. I'm supporting an existing powerbuilder app that uses n_resize_service, which seems to have been developed by Sybase originally. I'm looking for documentation for n_resize_service because I have one window that isn't behaving as I expect/desire....
Hi  I want to verify my understanding of the resizing behavior. I'm reverse engineering some code that is using the resize service.   I'm opening a window inside a MDI. the window has a number of controls, one if which is registered with scalebott...
I've been attempting to utilize an Oracle Stored Procedure in a DataWindow to retrieve data, however upon retrieval I receive the following error. ORA-06550 - Identifier '{indentifier}' must be declared. The issue can be created in the DW painter. ...
We are currently on PB 2019, moving to PB 2022 later this month. I'm wondering if there is a way to zoom the PrintPreview mode? We are using Microsoft Sans Serif 8pt and PrintPreview is tiny....

There are no discussions available here currently