Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We recently migrated a PB 2019 application to 2022 and also deployed it to PowerServer.  It's been working very well.  However, one user reported an issue recently.  The user stated that the app was started and used without issue for a while.  It was...
PB 2017 - GitHub is cloning the old non-updated PBL - this is understandable but . . . It doesn't seem to let me "UPLOAD PBL" to get a fresher copy to the GitHub server. I' can "Upload PBL" but I don't see it updated on GitHub. PB 2019 lets us "Refr...
Hello, PB 2022 B 1892 In one of my projects, ImportJSONByKey fails to import data when run from exe.  The same JSON string imports successfully when run from the IDE.  The command used to import JSON is li_rc = ids_setup.ImportJSONByKey(ls_ret_jso...
What is the default height of toolbars? Can they be changed?         PowerBuilder 2021 build 1506 Windows 10 Enterprise. ...
I know that there is the OpenUserObject function that allows creating a userobject variable where the object name is in a string. I want to do it with non-visual userobjects and OpenUserObject only works with dragobject (visual) and the parent must ...
Hi. I'm having an issue with an edit that we've added to a pb window.    The window has 2 datawindows. We've added code to itemchanged to validate, but this code only fires if I tab off the field, or click on another field on THAT datawindow. If we...
We are using a WEB API to send email out to recipients with attachments.  But, the recipients are getting the same email several times.  The application loops through a table to extract the email addresses. Any suggestions or help?...
Roland (topwizprogramming.com) has sample code for the older version (for windows versions prior to XP) which is: GetAdaptersInfo that older version does not have all the information available that GetAdaptersAddresses  has (ipV6 in particular)  Ge...
I was attempting to follow the tutorial in PB2022 for PowerServer, using the Sales Demo app. The PowerServer project painter apparently only recognizes Sql Anywhere (ODBC) data source names if they are set up with the 64 bit ODBC Data Source Administ...
I've converted an application from PB 2021 to PB 2022.  The application was originally written in PB 2017, then converted to PB 2019, then PB 2021.  When opening the DataWindow, PB 2022 crashes without error message.  The same is true when creating a...
Hi all, I'm starting migration from PB2021 to PB2021, in PB2021 autoscript worked for me including local variables   but Now under PB2022 it does not. I have no idea what i could be doin wrong. here a a few images of setting of the basic stuff. ...
One of the worst problem with PowerBuilder(by birth) is that it cannot save object if there is error in script.   Is there a way to save object if whole bunch of errors are there in any script?   Why not there is need for autosave?   Note: This...
For extemely stupid reasons I need to take an application that was migrated to PowerBuilder 2019 R3 some time ago and migrate it back to PowerBuilder 2017. Just wondering if anyone has any hints on how that may be done. I suppose I could just export...
Hi This is Prashant here I am facing probem with unicode numeric datatype. Which I believe could be for numeric values unicode \u and I set Edit mask Format = ###,###. If I removed Edit Mask and allow it return garbage value. If fails to enter nume...
Tenemos una aplicaciion en produccion con Power Server 2021. Y tenemos la necesidad de utilizar SOAP para consumir WSDL , ademas de enviar informacion. Cual es la manera mas adecuada de hacer esto, sabiendo que actualmente SOAP ya esta obsoleto des...
PB2022 - 1892 - Runtime version on WIN11 - It does not start OR Not give any error message.....Please advise. Development version runs fine.  ...
Hello, so I have a project with 2 applications, let's call tem "sales" located in "sales" folder and "sales_config" located in "sales_config" folder and there is "sales_shared" folder with shared pbls. I used to have resources with absolute path in t...
  hello how are you everybody i have aproblem and need for Helping Please;     i have 4 datawindow side by side to review items with type tabular i insert code in mousemove event to change the name of item from black color to red color   i n...
I am attempting to convert a PB2022 project using PowerServer. I have installed PowerBuilder 2022 and have converted my PB2019 project to PB2022.  I have successfully created and connected to my SQL Server 2016 database using the SNC SQL Native Clien...
I recently migrated and deployed an application to PowerServer 2022 for a client as a proof-of-concept.  The application uses the java runtime via calls to a dll to retrieve and display image files.  When the app is launched in client/server mode via...

There are no discussions available here currently