Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am using the JsonGenerator and I am having trouble getting it formatted correctly with my arrays - square brackets are missing This is what I am trying to create {     "userId": "adsf1234",     "dueDate": "2018/02/21",     "items": [ ...
Hi    I am trying to build a JSON file using the JSONGenerator object I was able to build the file however i am having trouble getting the "LineItem" array to have the "measure" "Notes" and " Refs" object to be child arrays of line item. I can get ...
with Pb2022 R1878 when i create a new project (when create more than one),  in server setup, .Net server, where is "Powerserver license version" shows (Unknown)This, give me a error license when tried to execute powerserver, after published.I have tr...
It appears that shared object processing (SharedObjectRegister, SharedObjectGet, etc) is supported in powerserver 2022+?   How does the use of shared objects affect licensing / sessions in powerserver?  When i connect and use the database (webapi) ...
The sample powerserver for executing additonal command line has this which appears to be how you build the webserver api: dotnet.exe run --no -build --project C:\Users\appeon\source\repos\PowerServer_salesdemo\ServerAPIs\ServerAPIs.csproj   and th...
Dear all, On the deployment machine, after successful full rebuild, when try to deploy (PB 2021 1509), got this:   ---------- Linker: Errors (11:45:09 PM)Unresolved resource ' ' referenced from object 'w_ch_upd_sc.win'. . . For many windows obj...
Hi, everyone. I try to save datawindow to PDF using SAVEAS() method.  (Powerbuilder 2019 R3) The script is as below, ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- dw.Retrieve() ls_fileName = ".\Attach_File...
PowerBuilder 2017 SQL Server 2019   We have a few customers who every now and then get an error message from our code, and when they run the same thing again it works just fine. The code is looping rounnd a lot and checking to see if some matchin...
How the H### do you activate the renewal we paid for in this software. I've just spent the last 90 minutes running in circles and I've had it .... it's BS that this is so vague and not stright forward.   Anyone have an answer!?   How do you activat...
How come the IDE is updating a datawindow correctly but Powerserver is not?  My code is very simplistic.   I have a window that has 1 DW on it.  I have a button to update the DW and I also show the SQL in the sqlpreview event.  This issue is in both...
PB2022 b1898Windows 10, 64 bit platformI just installed PB2022, build 1898 and am looking for the Sales Demo application target file. I cannot find it,Is the Sales Demo application installed with PB2022? If so, where is it located?Thank You,Olan...
Hi, I am getting a warning message when compiling my project "Could not find resource file 'someName.pbl(DataWindowName)'. Continue?" I deleted the DataWindow from my .pbl and I searched the library to remove all the instances I could be calling th...
Hi there I just had a problem with an installation on W11 at one of my customers: In the application path there is an XML File [ApplicationName].xml witch contains the runtime path. After the software starts, this xml file is modified (from launch...
PB 2019 R3 2728 I am implementing a drag/drop file feature using DragAcceptFiles() but have run into a problem.  I am using a ListView to display a list of document types for the user to drop files onto.  This will then auto associate those files to...
Recently migrated to PB2019 R2 Build 2328 and Outlook 365/Win10 coming across a weird issue with my application exe. works fine in the code. we have a screen in the application to send email on a button click. it creates a local mailsession object a...
Hi When i change runtime version (for example in PB2022 from runtime 1878 to 1892) the IDE still in build 1878.1. must be upgrade too or is not necesary ? (i mean if the program generated could change in something)2. if i run powerbuilderInstaller_b...
Hello, PB 2022 Build 1982 Can 'SEARCH' option be added, when we right click the tab, along with the above option?   I think it will save a lot of time to search the window in the opened PBLs and then Right click and choose search option. Happine...
Hello all, We migrated last month our App from PB 10.5 to Appeon 2022 (Build 1878) and we experience a problem while try either to Build (either Full or Incremental), PB just crash without any message...from that point on it keeps crashing forever.....
I want to send an email, it creates the section correctly and then it gives an error in the loggon. Below are the sentences of the program. The email account is configured in Outlook and with this application I send and receive emails perfectly.If so...
Hi, I know that in PB 2022 I can compile and build my PB target application project. Is it possible to compile only one, direct PBL library, not all assigned to an application's target?   Regards, Pawel...

There are no discussions available here currently