Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi we currently use powerbuilder 2017 R3 - we were going to upgrade to 2019 but had issues with deployment. On looking at the eol it appears 2017 R3 has years to go but 2019 only has eol to August 2023? Can someone advise whey a later release is endi...
Hi,   If I compile it change the exe to ,tmp file. Powerbuilder 2019 R3 with windows 10.   Regards MLB...
Hello, This is a long time issue for me: Are there any start parameters for the Powerbuilder IDE? Currently I open a specific workspace by double clicking on the pbw file. That's OK. But very often have to change "DB Profile"too. And I always do th...
Hi,is the some info to connect Powerbuilder to the SIAM Identity Provider?  pls send me links and samples. thx.André...
Hallo,Is it possible to set in the theme.json file a background-color to transparent? To be exact I need the following background to by transparent "datawindow":{"dwo-column":{"dropdown-type":{"normal-state":{"background-color" As you all know a d...
Hi,   Right now, we are using VSTS hosted and we compile our PB application using Powergen through some PowerShell scripts.   Our plan is to migrate the infrastructure from Hosted TFS to AzureDevops in the cloud and build and release from ther. ...
Trying to Implement Accessibility Options in a Freeform Datawindow using the AccessibleName, AccessibleDescription and AccessibleRole Properties.   When turn on the Narrator and Tab to these columns, it will just read the data that is in them and the...
We've almost completed testing for our PB upgrade from PB 21.0.0.1506 to PB 22 (tested with both 1878 and 1892). 99.9% of the upgrade seems to be perfect! TY to the folks at APPEON.  However, we have one issue with Webbrowser control and downloadin...
Hi,   The application we maintain is running on powerbuilder 2019 (pfc framework) with on-prem oracle database 19. Batch jobs are running on AIX server. There is an ask from client to migrate the app to cloud. Is power server a good option? Any rec...
Hi, A fairly thorough search on the internet has yielded several old posts about how to accomplish this. The most recent post I found, uses the STD framework, which isn't an option for me so I haven't tried that one but none of the others work. Usin...
Q: Why a column with Autosize Height = Yes is not returning the new height at runtime? Its a column for a lot of junk text. Problem: Always return me the height i set in design mode. A message returns wrong height with following expression Long(D...
Hi Guys, In the Window PostOpen event, Javascript functions are not recognized/found when EvaluateJavascriptAsync() is invoked on the Webbrowser control. Also, dynamically rendered HTML has the same issue.Code: string ls_json  int li_return ls_jso...
Powerbuilder version : PowerBuilder 2019 R3 Outlook : office 365  --------------------------- I want to send an email, it creates the section well and then it gives an error on logon. Below are the sentences of the program. The email account is co...
HI, In the newest PB is possible to set the runtime path in XML setting file:  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><Application> <RuntimePath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 22.0.0.1878</RuntimePath...
I watched the very interesting session "Solving Thorny .NET Integration Issues with PowerBuilder 2022" by Donald Clayton. Because Mr. Clayton shaw's private code, so I ask about links or samples of .NET integration via Assembly with PowerBuilder. I n...
We are on PB 2019 2703 version, source code is AzDO and using for ORCA for build. As part of the build , we use AzDo agent to download the application files to build server and call ORCA for build. There are instances where ORCA neither reporting any...
I have datawindow which contain 13 row which contain 2 page     page 1 contain 10 row   Page 2 contain 3 row       I need to create button to make user when he press button switch to page 1 and when he press again switch to page 2 which conta...
  I have a MDI application and I want to change the Frame's Title  (window type is mdihelp) when they click on a button.  I change it using: w_frame.title = xxxx   and I can see it change in the debugger but the MDI_1 title remains unchanged. mdi_...
Hi, I want to keep the original .json formatting when setting a value to my .json.  My original .json file After running my code, it puts everything on a single line.   My code jsonString = create JsonPackage checkError = jsonString.LoadFi...

There are no discussions available here currently