1. Joe Brunet
  2. PowerServer
  3. Thursday, 19 January 2023 16:35 PM UTC

If so, where is it located, or what settings can I adjust to change where it gets installed? This link suggests it should be in C:\inetpub, but I can't tell if it's still current. I also looked in the location used by the Powerbuilder Installer. 

Accepted Answer
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 23 January 2023 16:16 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # Permalink
No, that button just does basic registration. For more complex batch process, you should use the "preload" event in the project object and write your own .BAT file as Mike suggested.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Joe Brunet Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 January 2023 16:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 1

Thanks Fransisco. In that case, do you have any suggestions for using .NET libraries in the current version of PowerServer? For example, we use a QR code printer which works fine in our desktop app, but does not work in our PowerServer implementation without access to that library. 

Comment
  1. Joe Brunet
  2. Friday, 20 January 2023 15:33 PM UTC
Thanks Mike, I am seeing them in the downloads, and I don't change the directory. Would registering the DLLs entail running that bat file on every client machine?
  1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 20 January 2023 17:01 PM UTC
In the "External Files" section of the project object, there should be a button "DLLs/OCXs" and you select the the DLL and can specify if you want PowerServer to register it for you. Just keep in mind if you require the DLL to be registered the user will need admin rights on their Windows OS.
  1. Helpful
  1. Joe Brunet
  2. Friday, 20 January 2023 17:22 PM UTC
Is there a way to specify additional arguments with that button? After a little extra digging, this DLL is registered with regasm with a .tlb file as an argument.
  1. Helpful
Francisco Martinez @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 19 January 2023 16:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerServer
  3. # 2

Hi Joe,

PowerServer 2021 and 2022 are completely different products from PowerServer 2020 and earlier. In function and architecture, they're completely apart. As such, there's no "Workarounds" library for these new releases.

I invite you to review this tour page to get a quick look at how PowerServer 2022 works.

Regards,
Francisco

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.