Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, I have an application that generates reports and when using SaveAs( sPath,PDF!, True) it does not generate the file. On the development machine it works, but not on the end users' machines. The application is created in 64bit, on both machin...

ShellExecuteW()

Hi all, Now that hyperlinktourl() has been sort of deprecated, I changed my calls to use the ShellExecuteW() API. I've learned something new, that might serve others. I was trying to open an image file and it failed returning 31. The problem was th...
Good day,   I need help from you guys... I am new with API infrastructure... Our company subscribe to a sms blast from a certain company... then, they just gave us a link RESTFUL API for the sending and receiving  of SMS... I don't have any idea ab...
Hi We are using PowerBuilder 2019 R3. I need to upload files to Azure BLOB store. I have tried using HTTPClient and RESTClient (Post, SendRequest, etc) to upload files. It is not working. FYI I am using SAS Tokens. There is no documentation I could...
Hello, We're using SQL server and I'm looking to call a db function in embedded sql string ls_is, ls_name select dbo.PKG_UTIL.RETURN_NAME(:ls_id) into :ls_name using sqlca; I get a syntax error.    ...
Hi, we are planning to migrate our PB2019 applications to PB2022, one of PB applications is using SOAP Web Service client which is using integrated windows authorization, Does PB2022 HTTPClient supports integrated windows authorization? I cannot find...
Hi    I am building a JSON string using the jsongenerator object I have a root item with a handle of ll_childobject In a loop i am trying to create a new array called "measures"  on the first iteration i get 45 for the value of ll_measuresArray a...
Hi just to comment on the bug mentioned in the title: (HIH). We have the same problem with PB12.6. Not sure if the user is using MAPI or OLE, but for both we solved this problem by "flushing". Since to do so you have to use OLE, MAPI has been disc...
We made a first 'datastore' converting a datawindow from Powerbuilder to Snapdevelop - and added a non-pb client frontend using the backend services. Most of the functionality 'works' - but compared to Powerbuilder - we now tried a "multi-user" situ...
Hi Team, I'm getting the fail message when Clicked "Compile & Run Web APIs".     I'm getting the below Error message while run the Power server Project.   Do you have any idea how could I fix those errors and run my Power Server Project...
I connect to SQLServer with ODBC 18 in login window. I retrieve a report that takes long time. I terminate connection from server side. I get message on the client side that communication link is broken. I wrote code for the retrieve button so th...
We have multiple users, using same .exe from shared folder (shared folder exist in server), recently i installed the Application first time for one new user but a error is coming like "Transaction already connected", remaining all users its workin...
Dear Appeon: Does PBL have an embedded function to find out  the version of PBL being used by the app? For example, if I had compiled my App using PBL 2017 R3, and in my logic I call: l_version= getPBLversion(), then i will get l_version=2017R3 i...
Hi, my name is David from Sapin. I have a error when i start the 'run' server. The error is 'duplicate error 'DataWindow' attribute'. I will need help to resolve this. If there anypeople that had the same or similar error. Thank you.   ...
Hi all, I have an issue with inkpicture control. this is the scenario.  I put a inkpicture control over a window. I will use it to save signature from the user. the thing is when the window opens as the only window in the mdi frame it's working ...
Hello, I'm using the excellent "new" WebBrowser Control introduced in PB2019 R2. (https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019r2/whats_new/ch01s05.html) It works like a charm when I run it in Powerbuilder, but not in our compiled .exe + pbd project.I suspect one ...
Hi Guys We are using PBNISMTP downloaded from TopWiz (latest version). We are getting an when attempting to send an email. The error is a messagebox from the PBNISMTP code: Could not send message: Error: 8007007B Description: The filename, directo...
Hi, I need to call an external function from a dll that user pointers to BSTR datatype as arguments to return results. I haven't found an equivalent datatype so far (PB 11.2, 12.6).  Is there any workaround in Appeon PB?...
We have been stuck with version 2017 of PowerBuilder because every recent version of PowerBuilder has caused random crashes in our application. During recent testing after migrating our main client application to PowerBuilder 2022 it became evident ...
Hello all. We recently updated our software to use the new PB UI themes. Our customers haven't had any problems with this working in production, except for one group of customers who are using Windows Server 2016 to host , and RDS to connect to the ...

There are no discussions available here currently