Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
After upgrading from PB2019R2 to PB2022 (build 1878) and migrating our source code, we've experienced some difficulties / inconsistencies between running our application via the IDE (in x64 mode) vs. a complied/deployed .exe (64-bit). When running w...
Hello PB 2022 build 1892 Need to export data from a datawindow to three different JSON string. 1.  All deleted rows2.  All modified rows3.  All inserted rows For deleted rows:     dw_1.ExportJSON(Delete!, 1, 0, 1, 5)  Works! For 2 & 3, there...
Hi, I didn't want to interfere in the bug report, so I'm posting my doubt here: In https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=9546 , "Kitty He" claims that posted events run asynchroneously. That's a surprise to me. Is that really the ca...
Good morning! When I need to delete a file, I use a command FileDelete. But, I need to delete multiple files with just one command, for example in windows: DELETE *.TXT Is possible in powerbuilder? If yes, how I do? Thanks...
Hello Guys, When we are using only Appeon generated PBD's on a machine where Powerbuilder is not installed  we are able to run the application but When we are trying to run the application with Appeon PowerBuilder generated executable on the same...
when i run loop on datawindow it move from row 1 to last page row and scroll to another page but i need to move from row to next row but not using scroll  like when i deploy project i need datawindow same     ...
Hello everyone I am developing an application under UX concepts in order to improve Usability and Accessibility and what I am looking for is that the layer type window changes opacity when a response type window overlaps so that the user's attention...
Hi. We're running PB2019. We're having trouble with the built in PB RUN() function. In one place, for example, we call out to a C# executable to do some external processing. ls_command = '"' + is_exe_path +'OurEXE.exe" "parm1" "' + is_request_file ...
Good Morning Everyone,  I need to communicate to a PostgreSQL to update an Informix Database, via PowerBuilder.  I'm thinking about creating a windows service that will be always executing. Is this possible using PowerBuilder?  ...
Hi All,   I am upgrading PB2019 to PB2022 whereas I am having an issue with PFC Resize. I found a document which says there are runtime differences in width/height of objects in runtime. Please refer to the below screenshot. Now how can I incorpo...
Hi! I recently installed and started using PB2022 Build 1892. The search library entries window behaves differently from every other version of PB that I've used, not just the new Regular Expressions features. Previously, the search box would open,...
Hello everybody, since PB2021 (and still in PB2022) customers irregularly report application crashes which we did not have before.In a recent case we were finally able to track this down to a very special behavior we see in PB2021 and PB2022. We wo...
Hi, I have a question about using a C# DLL in PB. We purchased a third-party DLL that was written in C with a VB 6 wrapper. I was able to use the VB 6 DLL without any issue. The declaration was as follows SUBROUTINE calculate (double a, double b, l...
Good afternon. Please, how do I add an new option ORACLE 12 in my list "INSTALLED DATABASE INTERFACES"? My powerbuilder is 2022 and I have oracle cliente 12.1. Today I use connected with option "O10 Oracle 10g", but we are going to migrate for orac...
Hi Since PB22 (build 1892) we do have problems with XML export from datawindows. We use the following function toi retrieve XML from a datawindow:Describe('DataWindow.Data.XML')   The problem is that de decmal sign sometimes is set to a comma, in...
Hi All, Noticing some unusual behavior in my deployed application. For some reason the File Version is no longer populated. Now showing File Version: 0.0.0.0, the buttons on my application have changed to what I believe is the windows classic style,...
PB2022 officially supports Git and SVN for source control, and that Visual Source Safe is no longer an option. Is there a way to use Visual Source Safe with PB2022?...
Hi Is there a direct way how to convert a decimal to a culture invariant string? Standard method string( decimal ) returns the string converted according to the local user's setting. Like in Europe string(1.2) returns "1,2". Or "1'2" etc. What I wa...
Hi, I am using the JsonGenerator and I am having trouble getting it formatted correctly with my arrays - square brackets are missing This is what I am trying to create {     "userId": "adsf1234",     "dueDate": "2018/02/21",     "items": [ ...
Hi    I am trying to build a JSON file using the JSONGenerator object I was able to build the file however i am having trouble getting the "LineItem" array to have the "measure" "Notes" and " Refs" object to be child arrays of line item. I can get ...

There are no discussions available here currently