1. Jaike Lee
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 23 January 2023 22:10 PM UTC

Currently we're using rightfax printer (Rightfax 10.6.3.2109) to send fax from our PB11.5 application running on Windows Server 2008. The system is old but fax function works fine. However, The fax problem arises with PB2022. Under the migrated version, fax is not being sent. I tested this with WS2019 as well but no luck. It seems like the fax printer is somehow unable to obtain meta info (fax no/recipient, coversheet text, etc) that is embedded as text objects on datawindow.

This issue is only happening on the servers where Chinese Language Pack is installed and system locale is set to “China”. The server without the language pack works fine.

Detail;

- Embedded text column on datawindow
"<TOFAXNUM: 123-456-7890>" --> this test object should be included to PB datawindow to send fax number (and other fax relelated data- To/From contact, Company name, phone#, coversheet texts, etc) to fax server. The text font color is white in dw so that user can't see those meta data. Works well with PB11.5 but not with PB2022. I even made fax related objects visible to see if PB puts a valid fax number to datawindow. yes it does and I can see the fax number on the image that fax server provides, the fax is not going out. Also the font on the image looks totally different (Chinese Font looking) from the one that is set in datawindow(Arial typically). Isn't this compatibility issue between PB and RightFax?

Any comment will be appreciated!

Jaike Lee

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 23 January 2023 22:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Jaike ;

I would suggest that you try contacting the vendor about this. They may know whether that old RightFax version works with the current PB versions or not and if not, what you can do to correct this issue.

Regards ... Chris 

Comment
  1. Jaike Lee
  2. Monday, 23 January 2023 23:34 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

I already did before I contacted you. They would contact me some time soon but I thought it will take more time for them to figure it out because they have to deal with many other programming languages. I thought Appeon engineers most likely to have been reported with the same issue I've got. Would you please let them know while I am contacting the vendor as well?

Thank you,

JL
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Monday, 23 January 2023 23:59 PM UTC
Hi Jaike;

Worth a try here for sure. Appeon does not use this product and I don't see any tickets ever opened around RightFax. Hopefully though, one of our customers might have used it.

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.