1. Douglas Ross
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 26 January 2023 18:46 PM UTC

PB 2017 - GitHub is cloning the old non-updated PBL - this is understandable but . . . It doesn't seem to let me "UPLOAD PBL" to get a fresher copy to the GitHub server. I' can "Upload PBL" but I don't see it updated on GitHub.

PB 2019 lets us "Refresh all PBLs with the source code after download

How can I refresh the PBLs in PB 2017. It won't let me PULL or PUSH without errors.

I can commit changes to objects, but I want a freshly cloned and refreshed PBL from GitHub.

kitty he @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 January 2023 06:10 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Gouglas,

We cannot identify the cause of the issue based on the error message. I suggest that you do a Push/Pull using TortoiseGit and see if it gives any more information.

Regards,

Kitty

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Douglas Ross Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 30 January 2023 13:30 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Thank you Kitty, that explains why the PBL was not updated on the remote server, but I get a "generic error" message when I try to push.

and when PULLing, I get an error: " Git client error code: Requested object could not be found."

I can't PUSH or PULL on my GitHub PB 2017 R3 application.

Comment
kitty he @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 30 January 2023 08:57 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Gouglas,

Upload PBL only commit the PBLs to the local repository. You have to do Git Push to finish uploading it to GitHub.

I suggest that you upgrade to the latest version of 2017 R3 and upload PBLs and then push it to GitHub.

BTW, on the system tree, you can use RMB > Refresh to manually "Refresh all PBLs with the source code after download."

Regards,

Kitty

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.