Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
edit mode means you can enter crap and the datawindow will accept it.  if that is off, the datawindow will not allow crap.   the autocomplete should work with editmode OFF as well as on.   The most typical use case is that there is a list of potent...
Hi all I want to show Page number once in the page. I put my compute_1 in my group 1. So whenever full_name changes, it shows compute_1   The reason why I put compute_1 in group 1 as it is requested by user. Can't change.   But I wanna make i...
I have a scanning program that will write files to the file system then display them in a WebBroswer control.  Sometimes the scanner will not auto rotate correctly so the image in the PDF file is upside down.  When viewed in the WebBrowser you can ro...
what exactly does PB consider a space? carriage return? Line feed? tab?   removeallspaces A boolean indicating that all types of spaces should be deleted ...
Hello everyoneI got this warning when I migrated the project to 2019R3C0146:The identifier 'message' conflicts with an existing global variable with this name. The new definition of 'message' will take precedence and the prior value will be ignored ...
Looking for advice: A 20+ yr old PowerBuilder app is being sunsetted, so we are trying to use PBTrace to see what code(windows/user-events/methods) are still being executed, so we know what scripts need to be converted/migrated to the new developmen...
After I've upgraded my PB2022 to MR 1900, now I'm unable to open PB2022 on a second PC although I'm not logged in any other PC. Gives message already Logged in another PC. Please advise\how-to. Thanks, Mike...
Hi Experts, My client wants to modernize our application (PowerBuilder 2022) and re-platform (Client considers PowerBuilder as Legacy old technology). Seeking expert advice as to what is the next best tool available in the market which has withstoo...
Hi There I have been using the new MSOLEDBSQL19 to attach to sql server. I have come across an annoying limitation. My application allows users to define new parts of a document by instantiating a tab page which has a datawindow on it. These pages n...
Hi, I am using Powerbuilder 2021 (build 1509 ). My database is oracle 11g. I have a local oracle 11g database in my machine. I have webbrowser in one of my windows. I use navigate command to open a html file in one of my directories. The webbrowse...
Hi,   I'm using a soap connection to use a webservice in PB 2021 and it works fine. I'm trying to migrate to rest connection and get an unexpected error. I used Postman to validate my Post arguments    Postman Headers : Body : When I test...
Hi, I am getting this error : Error opening DLL library PEGRP32A.DLL for external function at line 28 in function f_create of object u_process32_dll. The external function is declared as: Function ulong PEcreate(uint nControl,uLONG dwStyle, ref rec...
Hi, Here are my initial finding on the all new Beta R2 BUILD 2693   EVERYTHING seems to work PERFECT. Appeon you have done a GREAT job - THANK YOU!   Tested: PB installation on top of pb2022 ON WIN 11 Rebuild all Run app in X64 FROM ide (w...
Hi! How can I change the font size for an Excel file created with the Datawindow SaveAs method using type XLSX!? It comes out Arial 10 and we want it in a larger font. I am using PowerBuilder 2022 Build 1900. Thanks Gordon...
Hello, We are having an issue with the speed of our application when using remote desktop (RDP). When working locally, moving between items in a datawindow while holding down the down arrow is fast and smooth. On the terminal server, there is a lo...
Powerbuilder 2022, MR 1900. We have a report with nested reports. When rendered as a preview in our app, there are some parts missing or only partially visible. When printed on printer or PDF, it looks like it should. A customer wants to see it cor...
Hello, team How can I access the SQL, which is being run against the DB in DWNet.Data.Datastore ? I do not see SQLPreview event, like the classic datastore used to have.   Thank you Arcady...
Thanks your support always. My Powerbuilder crashed after one datawindow failed to open, as it impacts all the datawindows in the IDE, and all the datawindow cannot open in the IDE since one failed, Can help me on that, as it happend many times in th...
Hello ALL Powerbuilder 2022 R2 Beta available now.  FYI https://www.appeon.com/developers/pb2022r2-beta.html Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
For a long time, we've used a third party tool (ImagN from Pegasus Software) to view and print images within our application.  We're dealing with a lot of low quality images and it helps tremendously with strong support for different ways to enlarge ...

There are no discussions available here currently