1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Beta Testing
  3. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 08:09 AM UTC

Hi,

Here are my initial finding on the all new Beta R2 BUILD 2693

EVERYTHING seems to work PERFECT.

Appeon you have done a GREAT job - THANK YOU!

Tested:

• PB installation on top of pb2022 ON WIN 11
  • Rebuild all
  • Run app in X64 FROM ide (we do not use 32 bit any more)
  • Deploy
  • PB compile
  • Final EXE initial testing - The EXE seems to work a bit faster.

An observation: The runtime environment is a lot smaller  - (x64)  - NICE.

we do not use the web browser control or Richtext so .. dont know about those areas.

But we use the AWESOME RibbonControl extensively and it works PERFECTLY.

Also I have tested the following 2 tools from Topwiz Programming / Roland Smith

• PBSearch
  • Bootstrap

They work PERFECT with PB2022 R2  and in my view they are an inexpensive absolute need to have :-)

I will start using the new features and let you know how it goes.

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 16:21 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 1

Hi Roland;

I reported a few issues in my PB 2022 R2 Alpha testing that prevented you from switching back to older PB 2022 builds within the R2 IDE. The same problems seem to still be there in the R2 public beta. For example ...

I would not recommend installing R2 Beta on a PC where you are also supporting PB 2022 GA applications.

Just my $0.02. HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Roland Smith
  2. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 18:14 PM UTC
I hope the problems all get fixed. If we install 2022-R2 when it comes out and use it for a future release of our app, we still need to use build 1892 for patching the current version of the app.
  1. Helpful
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 18:25 PM UTC
Hi Roland... FYI: Engineering has already told me that these beta build switching issues will be addressed by the time PB 2022 R2 goes GA. ;-)
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 13:27 PM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 2

I had reported a problem with build 2560 - it wouldn't allow switching to an earlier GA build, 1892 or 1900 for example.

Has that been fixed?

Comment
  1. Andreas Mykonios
  2. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 13:47 PM UTC
I did some tests and I can switch from 2693 to let say 1892.

When compiling it results to an error if I uses objects - functionalities not available to the older version (as expected). If this happens, the object(s) can be edited only in edit source mode (which was the behavior for objects that need to be regenerated).

Andreas.
  1. Helpful
Andreas Mykonios Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 17 May 2023 10:03 AM UTC
  2. Beta Testing
  3. # 3

Hi Steen.

I agree. It seems to be pretty stable. Compared to 2560 (which wasn't available to most of us) I noticed an important improvement in tabbed windows. Now you can have the tabview property enabled and the windows can still be minimized, layered etc. (as pb 2022 IDE is doing). Also when tabview property is enabled in mdi_frame the control mditbb_1 is now hidden! Finally in 2560 I could not open ribbonbar builder... In the current one I can.

I made some basic experiments with new pdf objects available. One thing I cannot find, and I believe it can be useful, is a way to check with which standard an already existing pdf was created. That may be needed because if you try to merge pdf's saved with different standard it creates a pdf which may be empty or may contain some of the contents to be merged. There is information about this kind of issue in Save - - PowerScript Reference (appeon.com). But still, I cannot find a way to read that information (pdf standard used) for an existing pdf. Maybe here we can ask for an enhancement.

I also did some basic tests with richtext control and the new webbrowser control without any issue.

Andreas.

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.