Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi When PowerServer inserts a row into a SQL Server table with an identity column, does it use SCOPE_IDENTITY () to obtain the identity value for the inserted row? I'm only asking this because the PowerBuilder documentation states that the default ...
Hi Master,   I couldnt run my application on a new PC (Microsoft Command Line Utilities 15 for SQL Server (x64) installed). It showed error "There is currently no matching version, lowest supported version, 22.0.0.1892.  See attachment for error. Ne...
Not my code, hired to maintain it (and fairly new to PB).  Please see attachment....
We have two servers on which InfoMaker is installed. When I try to edit any of our DB Profiles on one machine I can access any DB Profile and modify it. On the other server doing the exact same thing crashes InfoMaker.   So, I think something might...
I'm converting a Powerbuilder application to PowerServer so it can operate using the SaaS model. I've been following the guidelines in this video. Creating a SAAS Application with PowerServer 2022 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5U4XblFJbA&ab...
We had some old applications developed in PowerBuilder 10.5, me migrate them to Powerbuilder 2019 R2 and R3 version, now we are having issues running some store procedures in our informix DB  (9.40) under linux server   we are receiving this error ...
"Powerbuilder 2022 build 1892" cannot connect to Git, but "Powerbuilder 2019 build 2082" can, with the same parameters (Repository URL, user ID and password), both from the same machine (Windows 10 22H2).I have access to the repository with GitLab an...
If I have a window with a windows function "wf_test()" is it possible to call that function by string. ie: this.TriggerEvent("wf_test")...
Hi, I have a table where one of the columns datatype is BFILE (the file is stored on a file server). My question is how to use the field in PB? Here is my test case SELECT DOCUMENT_NAME, PNTR INTO :FILENAME, :DOCUMENTFILE ...
Appeon Support Team, Version: Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1858.00 64-bit Edition Our user will use Citrix client to access my application within my company network. Our Citrix support team reported that the plugin is designed for single user inst...
hey guys, I'm testing PB 2022 64 bits with Sybase ASE 16 64 bits.Open client installed: ASE SDK 16.0 64bitsPB does not find DLLs.message: Error loading client DLLs. Unable to connect to server.Any ideas to resolve? Thank you already! Rafael Bicalh...
Hi Team, Good day! Recently we have configured and successfully installed our application to power client. In our system we have dynamically creating datawindow object and saving it into one of our saved pbd by using libraryimport command. This is ...
PB 2022 R2 IDE crashes replicable when I open additional properties of my project, go to PowerServer tab an click ok.     ...
Hi all I have an question about PostgreSQL in powerbuilder script: select (password = crypt(:vs_password, password)) into :lb_valid from role_user where id = :ll_userid using sqlca; (ODBC connection) the ERROR is below   database C0038: SQLSTAT...
Hi, I have a report in Infomaker that I can run/preview in the pbl.  However, when the other users try to run the report, they both gets the same error:   Load of the nested report XXXX failed.   XXXX is the name of the nested report.  Please help!...
Using PB21 Build 1509 (windows 10 enterprise for virtual desktops). I used the project object option to create external manifest file for my application.After the build the manifest file was created and I edited it and got it working. The manifest is...
We are migrating our application to PowerServer (PB2022 Build 1900) and it is working great. I'm currently having trouble with a Datawindow, since it doesn't exist initially. These are created successfully at runtime. with:dw_1.SetFullState(Blob_st...
Hi, How do i read and write information in Biometric card?...
Good afternoon!How do I zero an array? Grateful....
How would I use Azure managed identity with Powerbuilder (currently using 2022 build 1892 application uses runtime 22.0.0.1878)? We're setting up blob storage and my application needs to access it. Some examples would be helpful How would somethin...

There are no discussions available here currently