Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
How can I get the name and path of the executable file of the application that runs the client and that is downloaded with the AppCloudLauncher For powerserver.   thanks...
Is there a way to close the session on all computers, apparently my session got "stuck" on a computer that was unsubscribed...
I have created a data window printing in news paper layout with two columns and it works fine for the detail band of the data window. The issue is with the header band is also split in two columns, I wan the header band to be one column no matter how...
I have a fairly large PB application that my management wants to convert to ASP.NET Core. Most of our .NET applications use Entity Framework and we have not yet looked at PowerServer and the .NET DataStore. I wanted to know how difficult would it be ...
Hi, our client have an annoying problem with our PB application that started happening ever since they upgraded their PCs to Dell laptops, Windows 10 Pro (used to run on Windows 7 before that). Our application is compiled in PB 2017 (Universal) R3 18...
Hi. When running powerserver 2022 with dynamic cursor and DynamicDescriptionArea we are getting different answer on output paramtype in powerserver regards to standard Client Powerbuilder Standard Client return TypeLong! in OutParmType[1] while Pow...
Hi Guys, I'm using PB 2017 R3 at the moment and have been trying-out HTTPClient.  Can someone please let me know how I can get it to use Windows Authentication for authorization/authentication?  An example code will be great. Thanks. Ricardo...
Problem with PFC multitable update process... only the first registered configuration actually saves. NO ERRORS are thrown. In dw constructor: ll_rc = this.inv_multitable.of_register(ls_update_table1, ls_keycolumns, ls_updateables, false, 0) ll_r...
I'm using webbrowser control to open editable PDF in PB2021. Is there a chance programmatically populate some field in that PDF?   Thanks in advance...
Hello, We're on Powerbuilder 2021 build 1509 I'm trying to build a proof-of-concept for our legacy application as a PowerServer Native Cloud. Yesterday, I could build an deploy, then compile and run. However, I did get a build error issue for five ...
Hi All, I'm using PB 2017 R3 build 2728 and Italian keyboard. Normally, as known, in EU we use the dot symbol (as decimal separator). So, if I write this statement in MS WORD "Hi all. My name’s Henry.". The DOT is obtained typing on the number pad...
Hi. Ran into an issue in PB2022 Build 1892. We had migrated from PB2019 Build 2353. Working on an item and suddenly a DataStore with a SQL Select datawindow attached started returning -1 on Retrieve(). I jumped through some hoops before finally re-c...
Our team has recently implemented stricter commit messages when committing/pushing changes to github. I have created a script to apply to the client side .git hooks (commit-msg) which prevents an incorrectly formatted commit from being entered. This ...
Most of my career I have had to maintain some other developer(s) code.  With that in mind, I attempt to follow PowerBuilder's documented approaches for all the code I write.  I have, however, seen code like what is shown below that works in a client/...
Cordial Saludo   Me gustaría saber si alguien tiene un ejemplo de como publicar datos en un Mapa, por medio de Power Builder.   Agradezco su atención.   Att Efraín    ...
Good morning everyone,I have a report to make in reference to the user object.By creating the treeview object with the image array that composes it. By calling the function: SetOverlayPicture(declaration index, array image index) it is not possible t...
Hi,I have a problem that appeared after we migrated the system to PowerBuilder 2021, with SQLServer 2017 and SQLServer 2019 databases.It is presented when we call dw.retrieve(). Although the query does start (from what we can see from the SQLServer P...
Hello All, Our application is getting crashed on the below dlls randomly (PB 2022 build 1892)PBDWE.dllPBSHR.dllLIBCEF.dllKERNELBASE.dllPBVM.dllGDI32full.dllUER32.dllMost of the times it happens with PBDWE and PBSHRI have tried 1. PB Debug which is ...
we are working with PB2017 and Pb2019 both need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  (dlls)  https://www.appeon.com/fr/node/4089 Customers are advised to update to latest version of Microsoft VC++ Redistributable. Refer to <A HREF=https://support.mic...
How can we accept text from Rich Text Edit control to  a data window object(example compute field)...

There are no discussions available here currently