Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Interesting, I just saw that the video replays area has a Feedback link.  I think this is a tremendous idea and would really help the presenters.  We do these sessions each year but never hear what people think of them.  I think it would make future ...
Recently migrated application from PB 10.2 build 8100 to PB21 Build 1509 (windows 10 enterprise for virtual desktops). We have an ole_control that we acivate with This.activate(InPlace!) in doubleclicked event. In PB10.2 it does activate in place but...
Hello, all I need to migrate an old desktop non-visual app with thousands of code lines of type: ds1.object.c_column[i] = ds2.object.c_column[i] How can I migrate it to .NET service without having to manually go through the whole code and change it...
Hello,  We just started looking at Powerclient. Now we have a question concerning ODBC-connections: Is there a How-to to use Powerclient on a brand new client computer where no ODBC-drivers (SQL Anywhere) and no ODBC-connection is already installed...
Hi Team, We are opening and saving the Microsoft document (Microsoft version 2016) in the powerbuilder application background, sometimes it is working fine and sometimes intermittently it is throwing the below error at run time and it crashing the a...
Hello Team,   I have a datawindow with treeview structure. There are mutiple nodes in the tree view. When i try to move an item from the last node to the very first node in the data window, i am not able to do it since the vertical scroll bar is no...
Hi, everyone.   I made a user object has 3 datawindows are aranged vertically. (Powerbuilder 2019 R3) And I checked VScrollBar property of the user object to show vscrollbar. But, I have to click the vscrollbar several times to move the bottom da...
 TLS 1.2 when connecting to a SOAP webservice. Is there any sample code anywhere on how to parse an XML file with PBDOM if returning an XML stream....
Hi    I am following a tutorial on how to create an ASP web API in Snapdevelop I was able to connect to the database however when i right click on a table and select SQLModelMapper i get the following error message. no mater what table i select i ...
Hi All,   We have migrated our application from Power builder to Powerbuilder21. In PB10 we were using MSCAL.OCX activex Control for calender object to select date from data window. After migration  we are getting below error when we are accessing ...
I have a DWO that breaks down a list of items purchased by each customer. There are 2 groups in the report, group 1 is customer which breaks on each customer change.Group 2 is the item type. Each item may have multiple types. In group 2 summary I ...
HI Everyone, I can able to build and deploy the application successfully, When I try to run the application by clicking exe nothing is happening, what may be the issue, kindly give me some suggestion. Thanks....
Hello Team, We have a Powerbuilder12.5 application which connects to SQL Server 2012. We are upgrading SQL server to 2019 (multi-subnet listener. Powerbuilder12.5 is not able to connect to the listener. It can connect to Primary Server SQLCA.DBPa...
Hi I'm migrating 10.5 EAServer code to R2022 Client/Server. The client to server calls depend on ResultSet objects Since IDL ResultSet and (all) ResultSetS are obsolete, I'd like to migrate to arrays of ADO Resultset Help doc says "In PowerBuilde...
I am using PB 2022 Build 1878 I get the following errors: Follow by: I am using IIS local Server in my laptop and started the session manually by code successful  The database using was Oracle 19c I troubleshoot with DBA and he was certain th...
We're getting this error when we try to close our app after it has sat idle for several hours. Is there something we should do to keep it active? -Shawn ...
Hi ,   We have migrated from power builder 10 to 21 and bulit exe files also. Power builder windows are getting crashed during runtime and no errors are logged in  log file. The window crash issue is not constant and we are  no table re-create the ...
Hi team, I have a question : How to set 'Auto hide' by script for a docking window It is possible to set by script? attachment is a screenshot Thank you Huy...
Hi, In my application include libraries from different locations, when I deployed it deployed successfully, When I try to Run the exe, I am getting error because the object that is used is not in the application path. My doubt is whether I need to mo...
Hello all, is there some implementation of Doxygen or something comparable to it for Powerbuilder? Working with big libraries a tool to auto-generate documentation from in-line comments would be really useful. Best regards,Livia Rasp...

There are no discussions available here currently