Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Guys,   Our application crashes when powerclient updates are applied to the server during the patching process. This happens when our application is running and patches is happening in server.   What caused this and which update strategy is mo...
Is there a way when you are creating a theme, to display the default windows images instead and not specify an image for some objects. I have tried to use the drawing":false, on some objects and at least it does not crash the app but it has no effect...
I got this error (See attachment) Application terminated. Error: Session not created. Please create a session using BeginSession. (Web API: http://localhost:5099/api/ServerApi/ConnectAndCreateTransaction) Note: I had tried this link: Trying powe...
Hi everyone,   I'm having trouble migrate SOAP to REST.   We have some PB Soap WS. We are migrating to PB 22 and we need to use REST. Its not getting info of our website to datawindow. I'm a bit lost because i made connection of database in jso...
I'm sending how it was originally working  A proxy was imported to the workspace with many attribute to use. datasheetdataservice is ourwebservice Its created an instance and attribute, which I need "entrada" as entrance in xml and "resposta" as re...
I connect a PowerBuilder app to azzure DevOp git but the menu is not enabled   I've not problem to connect to remote workspace, but GIT is not working    ...
How to open Modify Expression dialog box at runtime? NOTE: Two different types of dialog boxes to specify expression are there in PowerBuilder. SetFilter() function opens "Specify Filter" Double click on a column from list of sort columns opens...
Scenario: 1st User can design report in crystal reports and attach to PowerBuilder app has admin rights.He can design PB reports as well and same way attach the PB DW he do with Crystal Report. Only difference is either path on disk or the dataobjec...
  Is there any way connection can be re-established and retrieve is resumed from same record connection was broken? Sometimes due to network error DB connection is broken when retrieve is in progress and there is no way to resume retrival from the ...
As you can see my previous questions were about failure of TypoeOf() function I used a different way to get specific controls picked from control array without using TypeOf() Only to pick Datawindow controls and save them in a DataWindow AllDW[] ar...
PB 2022 I'm allocating a blob to use for the output from a Windows API function: lblb_Buffer = Blob(Space(lul_BufferSize), EncodingAnsi!) Buffer size is 262,164,339. The result is: ---------------------------PowerBuilder application execution er...
I have an IIS web server with a working PowerServer application on it. How do I add a second application to the same server? The Applications.json file implies a structure for more than one application on the same server, but I don’t know the detail...
Hello, How do you guys make your grid datawindows more readable? I am not aware of any ways to define cell padding for datawindows, and cell content is placed very close to grid lines. As a result, if a right-aligned column is followed by a left-ali...
The code below is what I decided to go with after reading all of the cases in here and the help.  I am trying to get my token using a client id and secret and then use it to access the data.   On the Method when I try GET then I get a 200 code but n...
Hola buenos días,   Se me ha des configurado el escritorio de desarrollo,y ahora mismo la parte de output( default, debug, search...), sale como ventana flotante y no consigo que se quede fija para poder trabajar en el desarrollo.   Un saludo y g...
Wondering if anyone has been any success in implementing a command button with rounded corners? I have made an attempt with a custom visual / user control (rounded rectangle with static text field). However when that user control is added to a windo...
I just installed the newest version of Powerbuilder 2022.  I was using PB 2021 previously.  When I open the workspace, no libraries or objects are shown.  Is there a migration tool that is needed?...
Hi All. I'm using PB2022 to develop an application that connects to a SQL Server database via MSOLEDBSQL.  The syntax is shown below. // Profile Database (MSSQL)SQLCA.DBMS = "MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server"SQLCA.LogPass = <***********>SQLCA.ServerName...
Hi again. How can the paging scheme be implemented to incrementally return the results returned by an API in SnapDevelop? How the client consuming the API should process those results? In advance, appreciating all your help....
Hi everyone,   I have some webservices using SOAP and I'm migrating to PB22 which i need to use REST. which function in REST that is similar to "objectname.setbasicauthentication" use in soap?   Thanks in Advance ...

There are no discussions available here currently