Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We are just starting to explore upgrading our applications from PowerBuidler 10.5 to PowerBuilder 2019.  We have a few applications that we use a 3rd party product 'PowerImage32' that was developed/sold by Visionary Solutions, Inc.  One of the applic...
Hi, How can I import a multiline Json with an array into a datawindow?[ { "id":123, "agendamentoTED":false, "usuario":"AUTOM", "id_ususario":20141, "idCanal":11, "codigoBancoDestino":1, "tipoConta":1, "codigoFinalidade":2, "array":[ { "nm_user":"...
I am having trouble creating a GUID on my executable. It works fine in development but it fails when I run it on an executable on any machine that I do not have PB installed.   OLEObject myoleobject myoleobject = CREATE OLEObject PBObject = CRE...
Hi all, We have changed from saving datawindows to Excel using Excel8! to XLSX! and as a consequence the column widths in Excel have become extremely wide. The users now have to scroll far to the right in order to see the data and it is very annoyin...
Hi all,  I wish you a happy new year. Using PB 12.5, 2017 and 2019. When defining a crosstab DW with a stored procedure as source, you cannot view the "column specification" panel so you cannot change anything about the stored procedure. You have ...
Bom dia! Quando tento converter o PB 2017 para 2019 e executo em uma máquina, dá a seguinte mensagem de erro: GetTimeZoneInformationForYear na dll Kernel32.dll. Como devo proceder? Por favor. Grato! Good Morning! When I try to convert PB 2017 to 201...
I just installed Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R3 MR build 1915. But when I check the version of my PowerServer (AEM), it is still build 1880. How can I upgrade PowerServer to build 1915. My PowerBuilder version is build 1915. Thanks, Jon...
I have this message when I try to save a register with a primary key formed by two columns (moneda char(1) , fecha datetime ).   The message is SQLSTATE = 42000 sintaxis incorrecta cerca de '00' no changes made to database   INSERT INTO CA ( MO...
In India, from April 2020 - QR Code on every invoice is mandatory. How to print QR Code from application without Internet. ?   ...
Hi, Since we have problems using SQLite on mobile app (bug 3787) and the Appeon doesn't know when the issue will be fixed (and the project deadline is comming soon) we would like to try SAP Ultralite on that project, but I'm not able to access the d...
Hello,  Using PB 2017 R3, Postgresql 11 Want to display better error message(s) to users, when error(s) returned by database.   All users can't understand message(s) like Primary key violation, check constraint error, Unique key violation etc.. Cu...
We have a Powerbuilder application that uses the Amyuni PDF converter, currently running on Powerbuilder 12.5 with no problems.  We are in the process of converting the application to Powerbuilder 2019 and would like to continue with the Amyuni produ...
Hello, Need to execute 'update .... ' statement, when data found while 'inserting data...', from datawindow PB 2017, Postgresql 10. Giving facility to import records from XML and Excel.  While importing records, few records might already available...
We are migrating a legacy app from SQL Server 2008 to 2012. There are literally THOUSANDS of datawindows that use 'old-style' join syntax that are throwing off errors. I have tried setting the compatibility level to 90, but that's not working. Any ad...
In addition to the well-understood data types of Int, Long, Decimal(n), Real and ULong, the DataWindow column object supports a column type of "Number". What is the range of values a column of type Number can hold? What is the precision (maximum numb...
Make your big wishes tonight and wake up with all the surprises prepared by Santa. We @ Appeon wish you all a wonderful Xmas and an amazing new year! ...
Same code is working fine in PB12.5 but after migration its giving error. Anytype function CASE "char(", "char" // CHARACTER DATATYPE la_value = idw_Requestor.GetItemString ( al_row, as_column, adw_buffer, ab_orig_value )   Add function  this.ob...
Hello and Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it! The most bizarre thing is happening in my PB. For a custom user object, I inserted a datastore as a non-visual object. It got a default name datastore_1, and I don't seem to be able to rename it! I...
Hello All,We have a PB 2017 that call a webservice that return a pdf file to convert the response to the PDF we use lnv_coderobject = create CoderObjectlbl_pdf = lnv_coderobject.Base64Decode(ls_pdf) is_archivo_pdf = is_carpeta + string(par_persona...
I support a client-server app that has been developed and maintained in virtually every version of PB.  We are now running PB Universal Edition 2019, Build 2082 under Windows 10; with Oracle 12.2 for data. A client requested a small change to our se...

There are no discussions available here currently