Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We always used the SQL Server ODBC driver for connection. However, SQL Server data are not accepted on servers that doesn't allow SSL 1.0. Therefore we want to use other drivers ({SQL Server Native Client 11.0} or {ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server} or...
Hi All, The result set return by the datastore is a JSON format which is different when compared with the JSON string returned by the datastore.ExportPlainJson built in method: teh column names are surrounded by the back slash character \ Example i...
Hopefully this is an easy one !   I am sure there is documentation on this but i cannot find it. I am trying to run my new web app on chrome - it runs fine on several machines but fails on one. I open the page, it downloads the browser plug in - ...
Hi, I would like to know what are the options below the function DataStore.Retrieve(arg[]) method, can I use any passing argument to get only the first 50 values ? Regards, ...
I just figured out that if you do GetEnvironment(env) and then examine env.ScreenHeight and env.ScreenWidth, they do NOT show you current screen dimensions, unless you have the text etc. scaling set to 100%. If you have it set to 125%, for instance, ...
Is it possible to completely hide the menu in a MDI application. I believe I can loop through all the items at top and hide each of these, but I wonder if there is an easier way, does anyone know? I want to toggle so that users can switch menu on a...
when doing a full build is there a way to log output to a file?  i have 2 apps with common objects.  i compile APP1 and move PBD's to a common folder.  when i compile APP2, which has PBD's in the common folder, the pbl's compile as expected.  when PB...
Hi all ,   I want to print a dw but  - with out the header repeat itself in each page . I went on the idea of getting the pagecount() of the dw , and maybe try  to minimize header.height by Describe in run time just for the next pages ( I want th...
Hello,I use Appeon PowerBuilder 2019.Does anyone have an example of simple use of Web Services with this tool? I tried the following example:Call SOAP Web Services Using HTTPClient ObjectBut that doesn't work for me. Thank you very much....
Good morning   I'm doing tests on how to convert a ns. application that works on Oracle to PostgreSQL. In particular, I am checking the following settings:     What is the difference between: ANSI, ANSI_ESCAPE. PB ?   Example in PostGreSQL:...
Why are there two products listed for powerserver bugs?  There should only be one!  The powerserver (PB Edition) is the same product as powerserver, it just has a different license.  If you are looking to see if anyone else submitted a bug, you have...
Our flagship PB Classic desktop application relies more and more on COM InterOp bridged .NET functionality.  Our bi-monthly release cycle includes changes to both PB and associated .NET code  We formerly deployed .NET code into the GAC.  But when kee...
I have seen some code in "orderdemo" project. --------------------- PB client side code that consumes web api.... -------------------------- String ls_urlString ls_responseString ls_jsonJsonPackage lnv_packageInt li_return lnv_package = Create Json...
Dear Appeon: Frankly, with PBL Web I had anticipated having an environment that would help to easily write  "true" web applications. So the end user would type simply www.mySuperStore.com, and the SuperStore web application  would pop in a generic ...
Hell Team, I want to check the following. we have Appeon Power-builder 2017 R2/3 what is the prerequisite to run an Appeon application on a client. Is Appeaon deployment kit only needed ? Or any other other software / driver required to run with S...
Hi All, Hoping someone can help me with PB 2019. I recently attended the Elevate recap in Barcelona, where Marco Meoni gave a workshop on using the PB 2019 and SnapDevelop.  It was great to finally get to use the C# features, with the intention of ...
We have migrated PB12.5 to pb2019 and we are using sql native client for 64 bit as our old OLE DB is not supported by appeon. But after successful migration and connectivity. we are getting error in saving data back to sql server, getting information...
Hi Guys Have RabbitMQ  support with powerbuilder 2019??   How solution is better?...
Hello, IS there a way to calculate the difference between two dates in years, months, days taking into leap year also into consideration ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
When switching our internal build system to support the PowerBuilder Standalone Compiler (pbc170) I ran into several issues that might be worth looking at.   The compiler does not provide a proper exit code. In my tests several different build fai...

There are no discussions available here currently