Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We  are thinking of migrating our PB Classic application (2017 build 1769) from DB2 v11 to Microsoft SQL Server 2016. Currently we connect to DB2 via ODBC. Any suggestions on what to do? Are they any tools that can help? Will native connection be bet...
Dear Appeon Team and PB Experts, We know there is a workaround for Appeon PB2019 to support Oracle 18c by installing Oracle 12c Client, Thanks to Chris Pollach and Olan Knight for your replies :) Do you know when Appeon Powerbuilder will fully supp...
Running the latest sales demo application, and to try drag and resize from the corners is almost impossible to pin point and do it, takes you so many attempts! Anyway of making the response area of the borders bigger? ...
Hi: When we put a GIF-like image on PB it looks OK, with movement, but when we deploy it to the mobile we don't ... Do not work GIF images on the mobile or we have to do something special to make it look?   Thanks,    Oihana  ...
Suggestion: Evolve the Community website so that we can give ideas for the evolution of PowerBuilder and vote for the best ones. Today in the "Type Of Question" we don't have the option "Suggestion" as an option. Something similar to what Microsoft...
Hello All We are contemplating updating from TFS 2010 to the latest 2018 release.  The latest MSSCCI is for TFS 2015 I seem to recall hearing plans for a native TFS driver.    Were/Are there plans to release such a driver? Is the 2015 version MS...
Hello, all There seems to be an issue with a licensing on my computer. I recently tried to get a trial license for PB 2019 R2 UNI (for a different testing machine) and now my main machine shows a trial license for PB 2017. I seem to be unable to sw...
 PB 12.6  Here's the part of the code: Thanks.     String ls_BOUNDARY, ls_mimetype_A = 'application/pdf', ls_mimetype_B = 'text/xml'Blob blb_multipart Blob blb_boundary, blb_terminus, blb_filename_A, blb_mimetype_A, blb_file_ABlob blb_filename_B...
Hi all! In an app I have on WIN7,  I call the following to update a datetime stamp in an INI file and it works fine.       SetProfileString('monitor_ini', "computername", "lastrun", ls_str_datetime) The INI file is located in the same directory as...
Greetings, Our applications are running PB12.6 with a Sybase 16 database, Windows 2012 R2 server, Windows 10 desktop.  Citrix is in the mix also.  When our PB applications run in the field, users get 'No Response' message in the title bar of the win...
My application test builds have been boring.  I had to change orcascr170 to orcascr190 in my build script, and then run the build script.  There have been no PB bugs to search for in the build process. My build process is to create all my pbls from ...
 please see my attachment for details and suggest. Using Powerbuilder 2017 R2  Build 1769 Created .Netwebservice My WSDL (http://ppccchhhh:8089/webservice/GetProviders.asmx?WSDL) is output is … <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <w...
Hi All, I just converted a power builder 9 app that connects to an "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" DB to power builder 2017 and now when i go to run the app it throws an error "DBMS MSS Microsoft SQL Server is not supported in your current installat...
A user has just reported that if they display a report, then print only a range of pages from it to their real printer, selected using the Print dialog, displayed because the print was done as dw.Print(TRUE, TRUE), then do a save to PDF (which uses N...
I have setup JWT Authentication in our SnapDevelop Web API using this as a guide: https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_online_help/snapdevelop2019/Secure_a_Web_API_with_JWT_Token/index.html It seems to be working well so far and I am getting a token back...
Does anyone have any advice, tips, C++ source for creating simple PBNI examples they are willing to share with the community? The "pbadd" non-visual object example in the PowerBuilder Native Interface Programmers Guide and Reference publication comp...
Once I've applied a theme is there any way to turn off themes? I tried applyTheme("") but that didn't work...
Is there an automated way to get latest from TFS for all objects in a target?  Maybe Orca Script?...
Hello, team Where I can find help on DwMeta usage? How do I access fields and computes values? Thank you...
Hello, team I think, this might actually be a bug in PS conversion tool. All embedded SQL commands are converted as "_context.function", even though there are sevral transaction objects defined in the source script and specific "using my_trn" is wr...

There are no discussions available here currently