Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Migrating from PB 12.1 to PB 2017 R2, I found a behaviour change with the setcolumn()-function of the datawindow. In some freeform datawindows I implemented to skip some columns, when entering or tabbing through the taborder Example: [lastna...
Hi, Our environment is Win 7 32 and 64 bit, and Win 10 (64 bit). We build our application in PB2017 R2/EBF01 on Win 7 for both 32 and 64 bit platforms.  We can detect whether it is running in 32 or 64 bit but we also need to detect if we are ru...
Hi   Sorry for the dorky question.  But is there someway to run the installer to add features to PB 2017 R2,  The installer only gives me a Remove option.  I don't want to remove and reinstall, I just want to modify and add to the install. ...
  How do I connect PowerBuilder 2017 with Oracle 12c ... help me please ... "Como conectar Power Builder 2017 con Oracle 12c ... ayudenme por favor"? ...
PB12.5 Application Appeon2016 Latest EBF The deploy to APPEON 2016 does not show in the report after deploy the Shared Variables as unsupported feature that must be replace. in previous version it shows in the analysis. as a test i migrat...
We have a Git repository where we store our source control. Currently we can access this source control through Stash/Bitbucket. We can get objects out of source control when we use the 'Connect to Workspace' option. Then we follow the ste...
I have a visual custom user object (uo_child) that is placed within another visual custom user object (uo_parent). The main user object (uo_parent) is then placed on a window. When I try to change the Border property of the nested User Object (...
Android Custom Workspace Failing to Auto Update Hi, I am having an issue with the Workspace Auto-Upgrade with Android (have not tested with iOS yet). I've tried a few different settings with no luck. I upload the custom Workspace APK to the...
Is there a way to switch off the warnings that come up - when closing script   The reason i ask is that I am writing an application that has to access several databases - sqlca - sqlcb and sqlcc So if i am actively connected to lets say the ...
I have C# code below that I want to translate to PowerBuilder 2017R2. This code is passing some JSON and a PDF to a REST API call. Not sure how to translate this to PowerBuilder R2. Basically need to know how to translate the multipartForm. Any help ...
Dear members of the Appeon community, we are currently migrating our sources from PowerBuilder 10.5 to the new PowerBuilder 2017/R2. Unfortunately we have some problems with the new Subversion integration. In general the migration works without...
Hi, I am trying to upgrade a PB 5.0 system to PB 12.6 (will eventually be migrated to 2017, once licence is organised). Yes there are still PB5.0 systems out there. I am getting errors as "C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of f...
Thru ODBC Data Source Administrator I created a Data Source Call arazoza_local2 connecting to a local database SQL AnyWhere 16. Thru ODBC Adminsitrator I test the connection working perfectly find. In AEM (Appeon Enterprise Manager) I created a da...
Hi all, I see doc about setting TLS for httpclient and RestClient But I don't see any doc about defaulting for TLS 1.2 for WS client. How is TLS done with SOAPCONNECTION object? ...
In the IDE if I select FIle - Open - I want the entire list of libraries to be selected as the default when the window opens. Currently it is not doing this and even if I manually select them all , exit and return,  this setting is not persisting....
Dear Sir or Madam, I am a software developer at ERGODirekt, my account is michael.volkert@ergodirekt.de We use PowerBuilder 17 for our project and would like to move our PowerBuilder sources from CVS to Subversion or GIT. First attempts with...
I am unable to place a rectangle control on a window that sits on top of an picture control also on the same window. The rectangle control is always behind (back) of the picture control.  There is no way to move it on top of the picture. Cre...
now that i have my hello world application running, I decided to move on to publishing my own application to power server web.  I have selected the ini file to be published but when i run the application in the browser, I get this error.  I am sure I...
Is there a way to set the Data Export Method to NativePDF! for new datawindows? ...
I have a datawindow that has auto-size set on the band. When this datawindow spans more than 1 page it will sometimes cut the text in half where the top portion is on the bottom of page 1 and the bottom portion is at the top of page 2.  We current...

There are no discussions available here currently