1. J-Craig Maxie
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 23 December 2019 23:30 PM UTC

I support a client-server app that has been developed and maintained in virtually every version of PB.  We are now running PB Universal Edition 2019, Build 2082 under Windows 10; with Oracle 12.2 for data.

A client requested a small change to our security module; the changes were made, a new build generated and tested, and released to the client.  However, the modified code is failing for the client - in a different area than where any changes were made.  It seems to be related to our use of the drop-down calendar... and my gut feeling is that there's a DLL (or other supporting file) missing that the drop-down needs.  With this in mind, I took a brand new laptop with no extra software, installed our program and Oracle client, and (much to my disappointment) the program worked.  Yet, other PCs in the office DO run into the drop-down calendar problem - running the exact same code.

Note that previous builds using PowerBuilder 2017 R3 encountered no problems whatsoever with the drop-down calendars.  In a nutshell, the same code with the exception of a small change in an unrelated function and compiled with PB 2019, is causing problems with the d-d calendar on some PCs.

In the example above, a valid date (Dec 1st) was chosen but a DATE Selection Error was still generated.  I'm not suggesting that this is a problem with PB 2019 but rather that there is an additional support file requirement that we're not aware of.  Any thoughts?

Cheers, Craig

Arthur Hefti Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 24 December 2019 08:40 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi 

Check the format of the date column and if you do some validation when the date is chosen. The format in the dropdown calendar is yyyy-mm-dd (taken from the language/region settings of your Windows) and the format in the field itself is dd/MM/yyyy (dtfcustom!). 

Regards
Arthur

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 24 December 2019 05:10 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Are you using a DataWindow expression to evaluate the date?  If yes, you need pbdwe190.dll.  

As a troubleshooting step, maybe you should just copy all the PowerBuilder runtime DLLs over to the problematic machine just to verify if really missing file is the issue or something else?  Here is the list:  https://docs.appeon.com/appeon_online_help/pb2019/application_techniques/ch35s04.html

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.