Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
We are currently experiencing a dll failure issue after upgrading from Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2 with the pbdwe170.dll. Looking at some docs, it appears this dll is related to database access.  Below is the screenshot from the event log. C...
Has anyone been able to use the PBDOM_Element.GetChildElement method successfully in PB2017?  I'm using PB2017 R2 currently, won't be migrating to 2019 until R2 is GA.  Anyway, I have an element with 5 sub elements.  I'm able to get all of the sub el...
I am trying to connect two separate PB Classic applications. One is installed locally on my computer and the other is on a remote web based server. I want to call a function from the local PB application in the Remote PB Application and pass argume...
I need to call a oracle procedure from a package, but one of the parameters is a defined type in Oracle.   Is this possible in PowerBuilder?  If so, can you point me to the proper syntax?   I have already created a transaction, and used the  RPCF...
I have a .NET assembly that I've generated from NVOs. One of the methods I need to call accepts a BLOB of a DataWindow state (calls datastore.setfullstate(BLOB), then performs validation on datastore). How would one go about generating a byte array ...
First time joining this forum.  Currently running Infomaker V11.2, considered updating but we also have an old version of our ERP and are not sure if current Infomaker would be backwards compatible, but that will be saved for another topic later. Th...
Anyone have an idea why PowerBuilder would crash on some machines but not others with the same amount of memory while retrieving large numbers of rows?...
How do I display and save current Today() Now(), formatted (m/d/yyyy h:mm am/pm). Thank You....
Hi All, There is a blob column in one of our Oracle database that has to be displayed to the Users in our web site. We are coding a new REST Web API that one of our web sites is consuming the methods. The Snap Develop is the PB 2019, not the PB 20...
Is there a way to set the number of copies to be printed for a data window control?...
Hi, as i just had Powerbuilder crash on me once again. Soi would like to hear the communties experience with crashes in the IDE. I did crash as i was changing the font on ca. 20 selected objects. Am i alone with periodically crashes on object sav...
I am not able to apply themes to my runtime, works fine in development, in the attached file is a small app with a theme folder called "Flat Design Blue" but I cannot figure out where to place that folder for the app to use it. Can someone please he...
Hi everyone, a customer asked me this question :  is it possible to develop a native android app with PB 2019 and Appeon Toolkit witout using Powerserver ? The application will scan barcodes in a shop for inventory and create purchase order based ...
Hello, Using PB 2017 R3 Got a MDI window and opening lot of windows with opensheet.  Opened windows will get listed in the menu above.  All windows are resized to fit the screen resolution.  Works fine. I get a flickering effect when switch from o...
Hello, all We have the following issue in one of my application targets. We use automated builds from a build machine using ORCA script and powerjen Orca script does "get latest" from the source control and refreshes the target. Then Powerjen comm...
Hi. My application has started pop up a message box on some data fetches. The message is "Select error: SQL State = 22005 ... Invalid character for cast specification" This may have started when I changed the connection to a newer SQL server. The ...
I have been working on moving my application from PB 2017 to PB 2019.  Things are going fine, but I just noticed one issue.  I use standard Windows Icon files in one part of my application and in PB 2019 the icons are blurry.  I didn't have any blurr...
I'm trying to use JSONParser with PowerServer 2019, Build 2082. In the code below, ls_error is an empty string after i call LoadString. According to the documentation, LoadString should return an empty string if successful, or null if an error occurs...
Hi PB Community! We were very excited about themes so we could give our application a new look and feel, so went ahead and invested about a week into the migration of our ERP software from PB 2017 R3 to 2019 GA. We tested our ERP software PB 2019 G...
PowerBuilder v12.1, build 7055Oracle 12CNon-PFC PB client applicationWe have ten utilities that are baseline PowerBuilder applications. Some use OLE to open Excel  to import an Excel  file, others simply import test files. All of them use some Window...

There are no discussions available here currently