Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Here there, I am facing issue to update large amount of data back to database vs datastore, IIS deployment, and still waiting for advising from Appeon support team.   As part of testing, I have tried to deploy PS by using Visual Studio IDE, when r...
Hi I am evaluating the possibility to develop an application in PowerBuilder with connection to an SQL Server database to be able to run it on web browser on a tablet/smart phone.  We are using PowerBuilder 2019R2 with Microsoft SQL Server database...
Hello all,   I am very new to Infomaker and Sql information to begin with, but I am having a hard time wrapping around computed columns. I am working on the below.   I have contracts for items and I want to calculate the amount of the item that w...
Hi Folks, My application is on PB 2017 R2 and its running on windows server 2012 R2 OS. Application is connecting with local DB which is in SQL anywhere and remote database which is in SQL server. This application is basically fetching the files fr...
I have a ole command that I have wrapped between a try and catch statement but yet I am still getting the error popup when it is running in the PB environment. If I run it in debug mode it works fine, the catch works without popping up the error. Any...
Hi Team,Requesting your help.I have Power Builder 2019.I want to call a C # dll and have it return a result to me in a Power Builder variable.Within this version I have the option in the Target of C # Projects (web API, etc)Running this option sends ...
Hello, Planned enhancement discussion. I could see Node.js as one of the focus area for PB 2022. It's really a surprise (for me atleast). Is there any plan to add more server side language support in future releases (like php ...) ? Happiness Alwa...
Hello there, We recently implemented data encryption at rest in our databases and just stumbled upon a problem on the unexpected end. When we pull data from db it comes encrypted, so in order to show decrypted values we use computed fields in our da...
I have a 32-bit app currently in use by our Finance team that was last compiled in PB8 and is running in a 32 bit Oracle 8 environment. I ran it through the migration tool and created a 64-bit PB19 version that is on 64-bit Oracle 19c. First rounds ...
Hello, I'm currently trying PowerClient feature with PB 2021 beta (I didn't try it with any previous version). Whenever I use GetFileSaveName() powerscript function or saveAs() datawindow method, Windows claims that I don't have permission to save ...
Hi Below error pop-up after select drop-down list box (press tab) , how to fix this ? ...
Bonjour, J'ai installé hier PowerBuilder 2019 R3 pour mettre à niveau une application développée avec une version précédente et qui utilise une base SQL Anywhere v11. Si l'appli fonctionne très bien sous PowerBuilder 2019 R3, par contre le build de...
in powerbuilder how can i create a datawindow with date and time showing on left side on window and if i want to show an object like a rectangle with the date and time on window it should in line with given date and time and appear on window. if i d...
Hi,  I'm wondering if anyone knows if we are able to programmatically add words to the webbrowser controls dictionary.  I see you can right-click and add, but can we add some on behalf of the end users? Thanks, Brian Prom...
Hi Everyone, In my PB application (PB2017 R3), I created an OLEObject variable and connect to MS Word's OLE interface (word.application). I want to allow user to enter information in the .dotx template in MS Word. The template has no edit restrictio...
Is there any way to choose a customer paper size in an information report? I seems I'm only able to choose from a predefined list. I need to choose a page size for a pallet tag...
Hello,   I have problem with my PB license. I installed new windows and hence I have re-installed PowerBuilder. After re-installing, I try to log in with my credentials but It say you already log in and PB closes.   Login: prabhakar.rathinam@vo...
I just set up a server for testing the beta. Our current version is PB 2019 Build 2170. We are hoping tp skip R2/R3 and convert to 2021 for our Jan 2022 release. I was under the impression that a change was made to allow for running two IDEs at the...
I have just getting a license failure trying to start PB 12.6. Not sure when this would have started happening, but have been using 12.6 routinely to support customers for many years.I know this is not supported by Appeon, but I'm curious if any of ...
I see only PowerServer 2021 beta page saying beta ends in 43 days but no info on PowerBuilder 2021 beta download. How does PowerServer 2021 work without PowerBuilder 2021?   please advise when PB 2021 beta will be available with a link to the page...

There are no discussions available here currently