Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi Team, We currently connect to SAPGUI 7.5 with saplogon.ini file. We need assistance in connection Powerbuilder to SAPGUI 7.6 with xml file.Thanks....
  We are using a find function to find the row number of a particular record. Initially it was used with the first two columns which are string data type, now on an enhancement we need to add two more new datatime columns in the find, but after addi...
I'm using the TX Text Control ActiveX 28.0 in PowerBuilder 2019 R3 to edit rich text and convert it to HTML for sending in an email. It seems the only way to convert the data to HTML is to call SaveDocument with a file type of FileTypeHTML! and then...
Hi, I've come across a problem when using the Paste command. The Paste actually works fine, but the return code is -1. To recreate: Sample window, RichText control, CB with paste function to the RT control. Copy an image from Snipping Tool. Pas...
App is deployed using POWERCLIENT , but some times desktop icon disappears. App is running fine with IP Address. So is there a way for creating desktop icon automatically?...
We upgraded from PB 12.5 to PB 19 and we have had some clients report issues in their TS environment with Server 2016 and SQL Server 2019.  Clients running through Citrix or on-premise aren't reporting any issues.   Does anyone know if there are comp...
PB-2017 32bit. I have a complex reporting process that creates a Postscript file that is converting to PDF using Distill method. Is there a way to convert this Postscript file to PDF using the NativePDF approach? If Yes, please provide brief descri...
Good Morning! We have a PB .Net Webservice and it worked fine with 2019R2.  We've upgraded to PB 20219R3 Build 2703 for 2 days and there have been emails about SQL Native not installed sent to us at night and these emails were sent at the top hour ...
Hello, I am migrating a client/server application from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2019 R3.  We are using Amyuni PDF Converter version 6.0.4.1 to create a PDF file from a report : IF ab_concatinate THEN SetFileNameOptions (al_handle, NoPromp...
Hi, We have an application generating PDF documents from a RTE control, and need PDF/A as output (for long time archiving). Any suggestions on how to generate PDF/A from RTE in Powerbuilder? From what I can see in the documentation for TxText cont...
SQL Server setting is "ansi_padding"=ON and using JSONIMPORT to import data into datawindow but wherever data type of column in SQL server is CHAR, trailing spaces are coming. If we don't use JSONImport functionality to import data into Datawindow s...
Dear community: This is not a PBL issue, but maybe someone has experience here: My clients DB is deadlocked, and the culprits are multiple  FETCH API_CURSOR0000000000000... processes coming from the API Server. How to disable such processes?   ...
Dear Appeon: i have a generic PBL timer event defined in my main app window calling a window function. Timer interval is set to 1 min. I released my system to two win 10 servers. On one server, timer works fine. On another server, timer does not ...
Hi Chris, We have deployed our application to a remote web server using PowerClient and I can download and run it from my machine just fine.  But some of the Windows 10 users even the CAL installed, not able to start the application the microhelp on...
Hi all, I have some application which I merged from PB 12 -> PB2019R3 and add it into GIT repo. That app uses old PFCs/PFEs. How I have to upgrade PFCs? Is it ok that I will update PFC pbls and It will generate new ws_objects for changed pbls?...
I'm making a simple app that uses Winsock to receive messages. It then uses shared objects to process the data. I am giving each request a different instance name in case a second call comes in while the first one. If I call the shared directory fun...
Any search window in our system gets a search criteria with the DW query mode. But when a DW is in query mode I cannot specify any string value starting with 'IN-' in any field on the DW. Can anyone point out what is going on and how to solve the is...
Hi Appeon Community,   Hope you guys are doing well.   We are facing a problem, we are not able to find our data window in the drop-down in Chart JS Painter. I have followed all the instructions given in the documentation It’ll be very great for ...
Just finished upgrading my PowerServer to 2020 along with MR2703.  When I clicked on my IWA runner icon, it asked me to upgrade then I get Followed by followed by and then Everything looks ok in AEM. Did I miss something in the upgrade? ...
I'm doing the PB to C# tutorial: https://docs.appeon.com/powerscriptmigrator2019r3/PB_to_CSharp_Migrating_Re-factored_Business_Logics(NVOs)/index.html So first I have to manually create several files (controllers, services, interfaces) which the tu...

There are no discussions available here currently