1. Francisco Javier Ochoa Hernandez
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 21 May 2021 16:13 PM UTC

Hi Team,
Requesting your help.

I have Power Builder 2019.
I want to call a C # dll and have it return a result to me in a Power Builder variable.

Within this version I have the option in the Target of C # Projects (web API, etc)
Running this option sends the following message: "This feature requires SnapDevelop to be installed"
How do I get this Appi?

in Appeon I saw a video where with PB 2019-R3 it can be easily integrated,
This is correct ?

Attachments (1)
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 21 May 2021 17:36 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Adding to what has been said, another option is have your C# DLL exposed as a REST API and then call it from your app using the new RESTClient object in PowerScript.  I personally think this is the best way to do it because it paves the way to cloud-enable your app in the future.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 21 May 2021 17:00 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

You want to use the .NET DLL Importer on the Tools menu, or on the File->New->Tool tab.  Note that many .Net DLLs out of the box won't support some of the limitations PowerBuilder has on the classes that it can import.  If that is the case with the .NET DLL you wish to import you'll need to create a wrapper DLL for it that accommodates the PowerBuilder restrictions.  For that you would need a C# compiler, such as SnapDevelop or Visual Studio.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 21 May 2021 16:42 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Francisco;

To have the C# SNAPDev environment, you need to be using the "CloudPro" edition of Appeon PB 2019 Rx. SnapDev comes with that PB edition.

Note that in R3, you now also have the ability to access a .Net Assembly directly as well using the new DotNetObject Object Class.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Francisco Javier Ochoa Hernandez
  2. Friday, 21 May 2021 16:46 PM UTC
Thanks for the answer start process for the update

Regards

Francisco Ochoa
  1. Helpful
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.